The Memorial

I had asked my aunt for permission to go to  to the memorial and that hadn't ended well with her slamming her room's door and asking me to kill myself.
I know how she felt with me going for the memorial but I know if I didn't go I did never feel totally at peace with myself and in a way it felt like me saying good bye to them. 

I wore a black gown that had a flowery pattern designed with beads and a simple slippers.  I didn't do any make-up because it didn't feel right. I ate a simple breakfast of bread and stew with orange juice. I also exercised my legs like I was instructed and left the house peeping thru d window to say good bye though i wasn't really sure she replied,  I felt sad because it would have been nice for her to come along.
I got there just as the reverend father was walking towards the altar followed closely by the twelve alter servants  while a slow song of "saviour,  saviour hear my humble cry" was sang by the choristers. I stood beside the next person and made a cross sign on my fore head.
The song went on for another five minutes before everywhere became quiet. I used that moment to look around and wasn't surprised at the amount of people wearing black,  it was a sad day and the colour was just appropriate for the occasion. The reverend father began the mass and while it went on some people began crying while others just looked on solemnly.

It was time to say our good bye and as each person went forward tears flowed down their eyes and I couldn't help but imagine if not for God maybe aunt Alice would have been among them, I sighed and wheeled my chair to the monument before placing my rose flowers and moving on.

    All of a sudden there was a large noise,  somebody had been shot they said, people were shouting in different directions
“dial 911”
“somebody help my son is badly injured”
“no God you can't do this to me”
“Damien stay with me”
I moved closer to the crowd that was not becoming large, I just wanted to see the boy.

He was ten years old from appearance and he had been shot by his head,  with the look of things, he couldn't survive he was losing consciousness,  now and again,  his mother was using her head cover to mop the blood, tears streaming down her eyes, i couldn't stand it anymore,  the tears the wailing, this was supposed to be a peaceful event...just as I turned back to be going something struck me that was the exact position I was staying before going to say my good bye, I didn't know whether i was becoming paranoid bit it was worrisome........i called a cab and began going home lots of thoughts swirling in my mind