Some Type Of Love

*Sweet
*Modern
*Sequel of "Hymn for the Weekend"

"Do you, Enoch O'Connor, take Olive Abroholos Elephanta to be your lawfully wedded wife, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do."

"Do you, Olive Abroholos Elephanta, take Enoch O'Connor, to be your lawfully wedded husband, promising to love and cherish, through joy and sorrow, sickness and health, and whatever challenges you may face, for as long as you both shall live?"

"..."

Everyone waited for the bride but all they heard was nothing. Olive, who was now encountering the biggest day in her life, had her hands shaking as if she was deadly cold now. The groom who was holding her hands, felt her tensions. He tried to comfort her by rubbing her hands gently, but she shoved it away in all of the sudden.

"I'm sorry!"

She only left these words, which weren't loud but echoed in the groom's mind like an overwhelming spell. Then what the guests saw was the bride rushing towards the gates and her future husband was left there shocked and broken. He gloomily dismissed the guests to get himself a quiet place so that he could calm down to recover from the hurts.

Life isn't that great at all that it lets you taste what is the worse when you assume you've seen it. It started pouring and the lightning struck with an unpleasant sound.

Enoch sat inside the decorated shelter where he and his love were about to take their vows. The rain continued and it only accelerated, like how his mood getting worse.

Why can't she understand the way he feels for her?? Is it she has found another man that he doesn't know?? She knew he would do anything for her, no matter how hard it was. He never thought of letting go again but how could she be the one who left him first?

Without his own vision, he quietly listened to the rainy sounds as he was captured in his thoughts. Soon, the stable and calming sound of raindrops were interrupted by clumsy footsteps and heavy breaths.

"Enoch!!"

Undoubtedly, it was his wife to be. He haven't lifted his head towards her direction, instead, he lowered his head and remained silent. He was too hurt to face her again.

"If it is your sympathy then you can excuse yourself now."

He was really angry and disappointed with her actions. All the hurts were enough to break him down but he tried to hold still because he believed in her. Now he couldn't bear more. He was like an egg hitting on a rock. The rock was undamaged but he was already smashed in pieces.

"I'm sorry I was being irresponsible. It was all struggles... I've thought of our future, and my true feeling."

She then stopped, teasing him in every way it could. He was so afraid to hear the followings. What if he was right? What if she's gonna leave him again? He was scared of imagining.

"I've take it seriously. I think I should get rid of the past and focus on our future. And I have to do it again."

Now Enoch was startled, while he heard his love kneeling down, taking his hands into hers. Her hands were wet the he didn't know whether it was the rain or her sweat. He could feel how nervous was she that her voice grew in a higher pitch and her breaths were unsteady.

"Enoch O'Connor, will you marry me?"

"What the? Did you just...?"

He couldn't even respond properly. All he could do was throwing her some uncomplete sentences.