sixteen - bubbles

Lucca was nowhere to be seen when I woke up.

Dizzy, I mournfully made my way to the bathroom, where I dry heaved for a few minutes. Giving up on getting dressed, I only washed my face and headed to the kitchen.

I glanced at the clock on the oven and realised that it was already well into the afternoon.

Just then, Nina emerged from the corridor, looking just like me. She grumbled a greeting before I handed her my coffee in compassion.

I had never seen her quite like this before, her hair disheveled and wearing an oversized shirt with...nothing underneath, I realized, as she unceremoniously bent over. I immediately turned my head, embarrassed.

"I'm too old to be this hangover," she groaned sitting on the stool, her head in her hands.

Her bob highlighted her striking collarbone, and I hummed in agreement, sipping the tasty nectar.

"I hate this," Alex declared, walking into the room and collapsing on a spare sofa.

"Don't we all?" Eleonore sighs, tying up her long strands. She looked adorable today, a change from her usual tomboyish attires. Her wispy auburn strands swayed as she furiously moved in the kitchen, her bright pink shorts dancing to the rhythm that played over the speakers.

"Where are the rest of our gentlemen?" Nina sarcastically asked, as we finished setting up the table.

"I'll go look for them," I volunteered, grabbing a stray cardigan and heading outside. On the grass, Chris and Lucca laid next to each other, silently reading books under the shade of a nearby tree.

"We're eating, guys," I offered, eyes squinted due to the harsh sunlight. Both men looked up at me before marking their pages and standing up. Chris hugged me first, grinning at knowingly.

"Happy New Year, Cam," he nodded warmly, heading inside.

"What, you're not all over me today?" Lucca asked immediately once he was out of earshot, standing too close forcomfort.

"I ship you guys," I retorted as he wrapped an arm around my waist and wiggled his eyebrows obnoxiously.

"We make a pretty good couple," came his smug answer.

I was sure that Lucca was mature enough to realise that I had been inebriated and had done things that I had regretted, but instead, he was keen on getting revenge.

Lucca was suggestive all throughout lunch. He was seated facing me and kept licking things suggestively, winking and touching my legs slowly with his sock-covered feet.

When Lucca's foot kept climbing higher and higher, I choked on my water, making Nina intervene.

"Keep it in your pants, Edwards," she coolly said, and threw him a fry.

Eleonore and Alex grinned, sharing a gaze.

"In other news," Chris announced, breaking the tension, "I was thinking of just chilling for the rest of the afternoon. Maybe a movie, or something?"

"Sounds good," Alex shook his head.

"I want to try the hot tub," Eleonore grinned brightly.

"Don't go making any babies in there," Lucca peeped, winking at her.

"Look who's talking," Leo countered easily, arching a brow.

"Stop bickering, children," Nina scolded, nevertheless looking amused.

"Leo, let's go try the hot tub," I spoke, winking at her.

"Plot twist," Chris exclaimed. "I like where this is going."