Chapter one (VOTE)

He felt himself slip deep into the endless void of darkness when the ringing and static got too much for his wavering mind, unconscious grasping at him with puppet strings and forcing his body slack against the burning floor of the forest, his last thought trailing off with uncertainty, memories of a hand of snow white reaching towards his limp frame, like an angel to his dim mind.

However, no angel should make his stomach physically turn and churn within his body however painless as it was, no angel should make his heart stutter with fear, making even then the voices quiet within his mind, and no angel would want a creature like him amongst their ranks in heaven, but the thought of being with his sister again made him let go of his fear.

There was no coming back from this and he found himself accepting that...

That night Toby Erin Rodgers died...

Tick

.

.

.

Twitch

.

.

.

Tick

.

.

Twitch

.

.

.

.

Tick

The sensation of death was a pleasant one, to say the least, surreal almost, as a thin blanket of mist enveloped his mind, effectively muffling his troubled thoughts. He could likely see himself getting lost in the sensation of nothingness, becoming entranced by its siren song. Yes, he could very well become addicted to this oblivion and relish in the first feeling he felt in years.

"wake up sleepy head, you can't sleep forever". The voice sounded right beside his ear with no pre-warning in any shape or form, so very sudden that his heart stuttered within his chest, skipping several beats before returning to normal. The voice sounded cheery and bright to his ears, reminding him so much of his sister that it was almost uncanny, but it also held a very distinct difference that he picked up on immediately, the rather childlike and innocent tone to it carried, along with mischief being it. His sister's voice while cherry was strong and blunt but it held a caring tone to each word she spoke. No, whoever spoke wasn't his sister about to greet him in the afterlife, so he ignored it and fell back into the darkness.

However, as more time passed with him floating in and out of his mind, along with his subdued thoughts, his body became more and more aware of an almost suffocating pressure on his chest, becoming more immense and uncomfortable as time flurried on. His mind was broken from the sirens spell and he began struggling against the internal nothingness, legs, and arms flailing wildly about but also feeling a sense similar to the feeling of trying to kick underwater.

"Come on time to wake up, I want to play".

He became panicked, so far ineffectively trying to banish the invisible force from his chest, from his body, from his mind, trying to break from its hold, but with one last sluggish kick, one last desperate attempt to rid himself of crushing stress on his body, his eyes suddenly fluttered open and he was awake.

And he was met with the most vibrant and stark green he ever saw, a tremendous change from the inky blackness that was his vision mere moment's ago, his neck cracking in response to his surprise, he found himself whispering a faint "Who are you?".

The bearer of the green eyes that reminded him of his sister answer with a smile in her voice" I'm sally, wanna play,".

I have this uncanny ability/ curse to suddenly get inspiration in ungodly hours of the night, I was tempted to post this a 2 am but decided against it.