Chapter 1~A Gingerly Beginning

"Now, what's the platform number?" Mum asked.

"Nine and three-quarters!" Said Ginny. "Mum, can't I go..."

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet." Ginny let go of mum's hand and took hold of mine.

Wait. Let me introduce myself. I'm Mary. Mary Weasley, fifth Weasley child, first Weasley girl. Never heard of me? I'm not surprised. Remember when Ron destroyed the locket horcrux and horcrux Harry and Hermione told him that he was unwanted in the family because our Mum wanted a girl? That's a lie. She already had a girl. Me. Mum wanted another girl, yes. But that's the whole reason why I'm not in any of the biographies of the boy called Harry Potter. They wanted that scene- No, wait. They wanted Ron's story to be more dramatic, so they made it seem like Ron was unwanted in the family. They completely cut me from the stories. Make sense? Good. Now let's get on with it.

"It's all right, Ginny, you'll be joining us next year." I said, reassuringly. She nodded.

"All right Percy, you go first." Mum added. Percy began to run. One second he was there, the next, well, not.

"Fred, you next."

"I'm not Fred, I'm George! Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear."

"Only joking, I am Fred." He said, and ran off with George into the barrier. Ginny and I looked at eachother and laughed.

"Excuse me," A boy's voice said from behind us. I whipped my head around to see a boy with black hair and green eyes around Ron's age standing behind us.

"Hello dear. First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new, too." Mum answered, pointing at Ron.

"Yes. The thing is- the thing is, I don't know how to-,"

"How to get onto the platform?" I said. The boy nodded.

"Not to worry," Mum said. "All you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron."

"Er-okay." The boy said. He and Ron looked at each other and quickly ran towards the barrier. Suddenly, they disappeared.

"C'mon, Ginny, come with me, now." I said, pushing my cart into the barrier, Ginny at my side. Then, everything appeared. The scarlet steam engine, the 'Platform 9 and 3-Quarters' sign, everything.

"Mum, can Ginny come help me find a compartment?" I asked.

"Please, Mum?" Ginny pleaded.

"No, I think it'd be best if she stayed with me, dear." Mum said, pretending she didn't hear Ginny.

"Yes, mum." I said. "I'll be back, Ginny." I kissed the top of her head and attempted to heave my trunk onto the train.

"Fred, George, a little help, please?" I asked my big brothers.

"Oh right, sorry." Fred said. He and George heaved it onto the train and I followed.

"Thanks, I can take it from here." I told them. I hauled my trunk behind me as I looked for my friends. After a while, I found them in a compartment with a first year (I'm assuming) boy and a first year (also assuming) girl with rather large front teeth. I knocked on the compartment door and Phoebe Rivard, one of my best friends, got up and opened it.

"Phoebe!" I said, putting down my trunk and hugging her.

"Mary! Why haven't you written since we were last together?"