Chapter 3 ~ "True Friends may be Apart in Distance, but Never, Ever, in Heart."

"How are we going to get there anyway?" Ginny asked. Silence.

"Follow me." I said. I led Ginny to the broomshed and took out two brooms. I handed her one.

"You can fly okay, right?" I asked her.

"Yes, but-,"

"Are you coming or not?" I asked her.

"Of course I'm coming but it could take hours to get to Neville's by broom! Besides, do you even know where he lives?" I pulled Neville's letter's envelope out of my pocket and held it up to her.

"Don't you trust that I thought of that already?"

Ginny sighed. "Alright. But only as long as we leave a note for Neville's Gran."

"Deal. Now, before we go, I need you to do me a favor. Sneak back into the house and get my wand and my spellbook. Got it?"

"Got it." She said. She ran back to the house and climbed back through our bedroom window. A few minutes later, she climbed back out again.

"I got them, but you really need to neaten up your trunk!"

"I'll keep that in mind." I said. "Anyway, give me the book." She handed it to me. I began flipping through the pages.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Looking for a spell... HERE!" I said. "The four-point spell. Points the wand North. I believe Neville's house is West of here so that's perfect. Ginny, wand, please." She handed it to me. "POINT ME!" I whisper-yelled. "IT WORKED! Ginny, get on your broom. Let's go!"

She climbed on the broom and we took off. We flew for maybe an hour until we came upon a neighborhood. We slowed down. Suddenly, I saw a light go on in one of the house's windows and a boy came into view.

"Neville!" I whisper-yelled to Ginny. "Follow me!"

We flew down to the window and knocked on it. Neville opened the window.

"Mary, Ginny, what in the name of Merlin are you doing here?"

"You said you wanted to see what it was like to have a lot of siblings, right?" I asked. He nodded. "Well, now's your chance."

"But what would my Gran say?"

"We can send your Gran an owl explaining it to her at home, if you want to come." Ginny said.

"I-I'm not so sure about this..."

"Come on, please Nevs? If you want to come back here later, you can. Just know that if you say no, there won't be second chance to come. Please?" I begged.

"Mary, why are you doing this?"

"Because true friends are never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart. And I want your grandmother to understand that."

"Understand what?"

"That she can never ever keep us apart. Now come on, just grab a change of clothes and a toothbrush and your grandmother can send the rest of your stuff later." He packed those few things in a small suitcase. I extended my hand.

"Grab on. I'll pull you up." I said.

"Mary, I'm gonna fall."

"No, you won't. I promise."

"Alright." I moved closer to his window and he grabbed my hand.

"Jump!" Ginny said. Reluctantly, he jumped and landed on the broom.

"Hold on!" I said, as we began back towards our house... The Burrow.