First crush

Cloud's first crush was Zack.

Zack was his neighbour who lived just across the street, in the same type of dainty little houses that lined the sides of the avenue. He was the first one who'd hopped over at the sight of a big van and a lot of cardboard boxes. The boy had grinned widely at the apprehensive blond standing beside a huge carton of books and clothes, and held out a hand with an invitation for some afternoon snacks. Though Cloud had been hesitant, he took the offered hand.

Through their school years, Zack was always the one who led Cloud around their schools on their first day of classes, introduced him to his other friends so Cloud would not be able to keep to himself, helped him with school assignments and got the other kids who tried to snatch Cloud's lunch money good.

Outside of school, Cloud often found himself shooting zombies with Zack in the nearby arcade or filling their growling stomachs with free samples of the newest food products in the supermarkets. Occasionally, they'd hitch a ride with Zack's father, and in that beaten old truck, they'd travel out to the countryside for a fishing trip, and they'd spend their day competing to see who managed to reel in the biggest catch.

Growing up together, it was so easy to fall in love.

And so Cloud's first crush was Zack.