First argument

It was little surprise to both that their next first was their first argument.

While Cloud would have been contented to avoid Leon the next day and perhaps even pretend that nothing had happened the day prior, Leon did not possess such patience. He'd always been somewhat unruly with his temper despite reminding himself time and time again that it was never a good idea to sit down for a talk when the wounds were still so fresh.

For the most parts, he understood Rinoa's rationale for breaking it off with him. His impatience and need to settle problems the moment they cropped up always left her feeling like he was a time bomb and she the trigger.

But Leon couldn't afford to wait. His mind wouldn't let him. After Rinoa's explanation yesterday, after she'd tried to whisper her well-wishes for him into his ear, he was once again reminded of what he really had with Cloud.

He wanted that out of the way immediately, just so he could find out if there was anything behind the lies after five months of nurturing. He wasn't so sure, for Cloud still seemed to see Zack as his most important friend and confidant.

Leon wanted to know what made Zack so different from him.

Cornered and still aching from the image of Leon with his arm around Rinoa's slim waist, Cloud was quick to push Leon aside and walked off for his class. Even when Leon stopped him with a pull of his arm, he merely shrugged it off.

"Not today, Leon. I have enough problems already."

With that said, he left the brunet standing in the corridor.