The first

Then came their first date alone, and whoever said that these first dates were awkward had obviously never met Leon and Cloud. Or maybe it was because Cloud's first date with Leon wasn't really a date, but rather, a meeting for them to, one) show whoever saw them on their date that they were, indeed, dating, and, two) allow them to formulate their next step.

With this idea in mind, they chose to have their first date in Seventh Heaven, the favourite after-school haunt in the vicinity. They were careful not to go overboard with their show, and even made sure that their shaved ice dessert came with two spoons after Yuffie, their classmate who waited tables in the shop, tried to skimp on that. It was, in her words when Leon made her get a second spoon, "a disappointing move and an act against all fangirls in existence".

They ignored her, though Leon later finished up Cloud's cup of coffee rather than order another one, and that more or less appeased her. With her help, they managed to set the grapevines abuzz with their new relationship and miscellaneous acts of affection, where Cloud helped cleaned the corner of Leon's mouth with a paper napkin and where Leon slapped Cloud's hand from trying to pick up a cherry that had fallen on the table and put it in his mouth.

With their first date down and becoming gossipmonger material, the two started to plan their next dates. They eventually had their first ice-skating session together, their first walk in the park, their first visit to the beach, their first shopping trip to get someone else's birthday present, their first fishing trip, and their first slumber party together at a friend's house.