DOS

002 — GAS STATION

Once the group had dropped off Kira and Malia

Once the group had dropped off Kira and Malia. Stiles, Lydia and Scott made their way into the vet clinic followed by Laura who had been told to come with them as they wanted her to meet with Deaton.

As they got inside Deaton cleared his table gently laying Derek down on it. Once they had him laid down Deaton took some time to fully look at him and he was shocked to see the boy that used to come and visit him with Talia.

"Wow" Deaton said as he continued to examine the boy not quite believing what he saw.

"Wow? Wow as in I've seen this before and I know what to do kind of wow. Cause that's the kind of wow we're hoping for"

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities" Deaton told Stiles as he had never seen anything like this before so he had no idea how to reverse it.

Lydia took a hold of one of Derek's hands. "He's cold" She told them "Really cold" She looked up at Deaton worried who in turn took his other hand before placing it back down on the table.

"You think this is permanent?" Scott asked his boss.

Laura who was stood on one side of the table furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to make sense of what they were all talking about, she didn't understand why they were so worried or what had happened to the boy lying on the table.

Deaton took his flashlight from his pocket and flashed it into one of Derek's eyes "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate...this is well beyond my experience" He told the three teenagers and Laura who looked up at him expectantly.

"So what do we do?" Stiles asked him, wondering what's going to happen to Derek.

"Till he wakes up, probably not much" Deaton answered "Might Be best to leave him with me, he'll be safe here" He assured them.

"You mean from Kate" Stiles stated.

"If she's alive and she's what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." He assured them.

Laura took a part of the blanket that had fallen off of Derek and placed it back over him, taking one of his hands and stroking it knowing that he probably wouldn't feel it, but it made her feel better.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia questioned.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be good for anybody but her" Deaton told them softly knowing that the group cared deeply for the man.

"And bad for everyone else" Stiles said solemnly. He rolled out his neck trying to loosen the tension that had begun to form due to all the recent events.

"You know you guys should probably go home" Deaton told them as he could tell how tired they were and knew that they had to be back at school the following day. "He doesnt look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep... it is a school night and you all need to start taking care of your own lives again" He told them.