NUEVE

009  — HUNTERS

Laura entered the boys locker room at Beacon Hills High School with Derek

Laura entered the boys locker room at Beacon Hills High School with Derek. He said that they were there to try and help Scott's Beta Liam with control.

Derek dragged a lacrosse stick along the floor as they neared the boy. He twiddled it around in his hands looking down at it before looking up at Liam who looked toward the two cautiously, he recognized Laura but didn't know who the man was.

"Is this yours?" Derek asks as if he didn't know.

Liam nodded slightly wondering where this was going. He didn't have the chance to do anything before the man broke his stick in half throwing it towards him causing it to clatter at his feet.

Liam started breathing heavily as he got more and more angry. He ran towards the two trying to get to Derek before Laura launched herself forward and wrapped her hand around his neck forcing the boy onto the lockers beside them, holding him up steadily as he continued to growl.

Laura knew that Derek was suppose to be the one to do so but she also knew that something was up with him ever since he turned back from being a teenager and knew that his strength wasn't the same and that there was a possibility that he wouldn't be able to hold the boy who definitely had some anger issues back.

He could hear Scott calling out to Liam which seemed to have calmed him down as his eyes changed back to blue. He stared at Scott before looking to Derek and then to Laura who still held him up against the lockers.

"You're right. He is angry." Derek told Scott before patting Laura on the shoulder letting her know that she could let him go.

Liam faced Scott as he pulled a lacrosse stick from behind him "This one's yours." He said as he threw the stick at the boy who caught it with ease.

He looked back at Derek and Laura glaring at them which Laura only smiled in response as Derek looked up as the school bell rung.

"Get to class, Liam." Scott told him. Liam took one last look back at Derek who raised his eyebrows daring him to defy his Alpha before he obeyed Scott and walked out of the locker room.

Scott turned to Derek as soon as Liam had left and saw the smile on his face.

Scott tilted his head in confusion "What are you smiling about?" He asked.

"You're gonna be good at this." Derek told him knowing that Scott was going to make a great Alpha, he was already an Alpha of his pack but now he has an actual Beta.