{Introduction}

"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one

"You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one."
- John Lennon
~~~~~

Have you ever felt forgotten? Like you try so hard to be noticed yet you just get pushed aside. Your family says they love you yet they yell at you for invading. Friends insist on telling you how much they like you but you always seem left out.

Family and friends are with you just to leave. A person is alive just to die. A heart is just meant to be broken. Feelings just here to be hurt. The world is just a 3D space circle. And you're just another person forgotten on it.

That's how I feel. Allow me to introduce myself despite all the sorrow. My name is Adrien Bailey, and I'm a lonely age of 17. My father and mother are caring people but it doesn't seem that way all the time. I have one annoying little brother at age 14 named Hunter who's life's purpose is to ruin mine. This is just the beginning.

To get more into detail about myself I'll explain my physical and other characteristics. I'm average height for my age. However, people are extremely tall and I'm always graded as "short" or "tiny." I have long, brown hair that reaches my lower back and two boring brown eyes. I never go all-out with my style like some girls at my high school. I prefer comfy jeans, leggings, and mini skirts usually with a normal sweatshirt, short-sleeve, long-sleeve, or tank top. My shoes are always my worn-in black converse.

I'm also very shy. Most people in class call me depressed since I never talk, my expression is always straight, and my head is always in my hands. Additionally, I'm an awkward conversationalist. When someone compliments me I don't say "thanks" like any normal person- I smile and look at the trait or object they complimented. Coming up with topics of conversation is also a struggle. My dad always points out that I should practice my manners. When I'm comfortable with a person, such as my two best friends Peyton and Noah (you'll meet them in a minute), I'm insane and I fangirl over everything. I'm obsessed with Harry Potter, F•r•i•e•n•d•s, kitties, and anything blue. From the amount of times I switch from depressed-shy-outcast to crazy-fangirl, some would call me bipolar.

Now you can meet my friends. Peyton Carter is my favorite ginger. She has long, natural red hair that goes to her middle back and sky-blue eyes. She's very pale as well, so her freckles covering her arms, neck, and face are very noticeable. Unfortunately, she's is super tall so I'm short compared to her as well as everyone else. Peyton is my gal-pal and my best friend for life. We have so many inside jokes that any person listening to our conversations wouldn't even understand. She fangirls over my fandoms, my crushes, her crushes, and we share life stories such as drama, love, hate, or just weird.

Noah Adams is my best guy friend. Let me tell you, everyone needs a Noah. He helps me with guy advice ( I don't play it out- ever) and he comforts me when my newest crush starts dating that popular girl recently out of a relationship. Tons of people think we're dating from the amount of hugging and talking we do. I swear I'm surrounded by idiots half the time. He has short, brown hair and blue eyes. He's absolutely adorable and I'm surprised he's never dated before. Well, I can't judge, neither have I. My dad would murder me if I did. Then again, nobody likes me so he has nothing to worry about.

Besides my friends, my parents, food, and sleep, I have a pretty awful life. My crushes never like me back and I'm sure it's because I pretend to hate them. My last crush got the hate treatment so much that he thought I completely despised him. His name was Ross (like in F•r•i•e•n•d•s XD). My flirting came off as insults to anything he said or did. Eventually, he started dating a curly haired, blue eyed, freckled girl named Nova who he barely talked to. But how would I know! I barely talked to him myself. It may sound like I've had thousands of crushes but to be honest I've only had 2. My first one was Sean- a tall, popular brunette dating a girl named Bianca Davis who had her heart recently broken by Sean's best friend Luke. I could tell he liked her and before I knew it, she was all over his social media. I refuse to like anyone now since Sean and Ross.

Anyways, if you don't mind, I'd like to skip back to the subject of the forgotten. That's what Peyton, Noah, and I call ourselves. We have a few friends. Noah is buddy-buddy with the jocks and cool kids, but they never hang out. Peyton and I are close with a whole table full of girls- Eliza, Lacey, Sage, Hannah, Alice, and Kylie. We aren't completely forgotten like the group of girls and a boy that sit at the lunch table beside us, but me and her are very close to that level.

I feel alone half the time but I know I'm not. I have 2 great friends and a table full of others. Not to mention the plenty other people I socialize with sometimes like Tia and Maggie. I know I should stop complaining but I can't help but feel like I get unnoticed half the time. That's just teenage stuff for you I guess.

I felt this way for a long time. That was until I came to school for the second week of my Junior Year...