{Ch 10}

"It's all getting to what we've been waiting on,I'm gonna go and turn you and the night on

I'm gonna go and turn you and the night on.
Coming on strong, I'm gonna lay it on your lips.
Might wanna close your eyes for this."
-Parmalee, "Close Your Eyes"
~~~~~

The day went by so long that I thought we bought every dress we tried on in the whole shopping mall. By the time we both exited, it was 6 in the afternoon on Friday. We had both woken up at around 1 so it was only 4 hours, an additional whole hour to drive to the mall and back.

"You slay me in your dress. By the way, why didn't you get anything fancier?" Peyton asked as we were driving her to our house.

She was sleeping over again and was going to use my clothes since we were about the same size. Perks, am I right?

I shrugged, "It's just a formal."

She stuck her hand in my face, "No, it's not. Didn't you read the letter? It's considered our annual prom. The Seniors had there formal/prom today, Sophomores tomorrow, and Freshmen have a dance Monday night."

I thought over it, "OH YEAH! I remember reading that part now. They didn't say anything about the four separate dances, though."

She nodded, "Yeah, I asked Jace about it because he's a Freshman, right? He was outside and that's why I rushed over there earlier this morning."

I gasped, "Seeing my neighbors without my permission? Shame. Shame pouring all over you like a waterfall."

"But aren't you in a fight with- nevermind." She waved it off.

I haven't spoken to Jace in a while. I doubt her still be mad at me if I went over there, but I didn't want to risk it. Besides, I have my fun and cheap prom to go to tomorrow night and I had my friend over. I didn't need him right now, but I'm not gonna just sit here for the rest of my life and lose contact. At least I have his number.

"Alright. We're gonna look so cute." Peyton grinned excitedly. "Especially you in your casual-yet-adorable formal outfit."

I cringed, "It's not that bad, is it?"

She put a hand on my shoulder, "You'll be the cutest one there. Trust me."

I smiled weakly, "Thanks."

(Time skip brought by Leo)

It was finally Saturday. The day of the dance. We both had $50.00, an extra $15 for the school. It wasn't a pride thing, it was a supportive thing. At 4, we decided to start getting ready.