{Ch 11}

A/N- ran out of good gifs of her, photos now 😝

"I've been trying to do without you,But I can't give up this fight

But I can't give up this fight.
Everything will be alright,
If I could kiss you tonight."
-David Nail, "Kiss You Tonight"
~~~~~

It was 10:30 and I couldn't even imagine falling asleep. Carvel was packed with people in frilly dresses and we all talked outside until it started pouring. The party was great and I'm so upset that I missed the Cupid Shuffle and Cha Cha Slide. Yo make it up, I did them quietly in my room when I got home. Peyton told me that Noah kissed her on the cheek in the rain on her doorstep and my spirit was lifted a little bit.

I watched out the thin glass at the rain dripping down my window and noticed how it never stopped flowing. It rolled down a hill, into the sewers, and down the weird sewer waterfalls. If not, it kept going down into the earth and seeping through the soil. It was endless.

My parents' snores could be heard from their bedroom across the hall. They were really heavy sleepers and could- unfortunately- sleep through a fire alarm if it went off. Knowing this, I went out into the living room and put the TV on, a low setting just in case.

I was in the middle of a F•R•I•E•N•D•S rerun when I heard tapping on the window. I refused to look over because I knew it was going to be Jason, Slender Man, Freddy Kruger or some other fictional-yet-totally-real being.

Slowly, I looked towards the window to see a figure illuminated by the street light. His hair was matted down and the rain dripped down his face. I opened the front door and screen door, standing on the porch. In the background, played by his phone, was our song.

"Leo..." I choked out. "What are you doing here? It's almost 11 at night."

"I needed to see you again." He said, walking closer up the sidewalk. "Peyton dragged you away."

I smiled at his attempts, "Couldn't you just see me tomorrow?"

He shook his head and walked until he was right in front of me, "If it was tomorrow, then it wouldn't be the perfect setting for this."

He tucked a piece of long, soaked hair behind my ears and leaned in. Our lips touched and I felt a spark that could only be felt between us. This spark confirmed our true feelings for each other and I believed it meant everything. We were our own one true pairing, our own fairytale, our own destiny. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me softly, like I was a fragile porcelain doll that would shatter if he deepened the kiss.

He pulled away and his diamond eyes glimmered under the porch light, "You're my world, Adrien."

I smiled, "And you're mine."