Monday - Meeting the guys

Monday today! First day of work!  You think to yourself as the pizzeria looms into view. You had put on the uniform which consisted of; a) a pale blue button-up shirt, b) black work trousers, c) shiny black lace-up shoes, and d) a wide-brimmed hat with the word SECURITY plastered on the front.

As you push open the doors a familiar face greets your eyes. "Hi y/n! Good to see you again! Here's your badge."

Scott hands you a badge with your first name in bold across it, which you quickly pin to your chest.

"So, you don't really have to do anything until... four-thirty" Scott says glancing up at the clock. "So you can go chill in the back room if you want, I think some of the other guys are there..."

"Thanks, I think I will." You say smiling to Scott and walking in the direction to which he gestured.

Entering the room you see two men laid across the couches; one is shorter with light-brown hair and he glances up at you with a nervous smile, while the other has flaming red hair, thick-brimmed glasses, freckles, and is a little on the chubbier side. 

"Sup." You manage to splutter nervously, closing the door behind you but not moving from your position. 

"Hi!" The red-headed man calls from over his phone. "You must be the new employee?"

"Y-yeah." You cough, "And you guys are...?"

"Fritz." The red-head yawns, stretching out further on the tattered leather lounge. 

"J-jeremy, Fitzgerald" The other stammers nervously sitting up.

"Name's y/n." You say offering them a smile.

Fritz had opened his mouth to reply when the door flew open abruptly and you got hit in the back and fell to the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL!" You yell as two people walk in looking down at you innocently.

"Oh sorry, didn't see you there gorgeous." One man winks a brown eye, taking his security cap off his head and expertly running a hand through his light brown hair.

You glare at his flirtatious grin as he reaches down to give you a hand. Smacking away his hand you stand up seeing, to your dismay, he's a bit taller than you. So, instead of yelling at him you resign to walking across the room and taking a seat next to Jeremy who shuffles over to make room nervously.

"New here? Don't worry about Vincent, Boss has him on a leash, he can't touch you." The other man who had walked in said, moving to sit next to Fritz.

"Uuh, what Mike means," Fritz continues, "Is that we have a three strike program, and Vincent has... umm.." He says glancing at the man for assistance.

"Twelve." He says casually sitting down next to you (much to your distaste).

"How are you not fired yet?" Mike questions from behind his phone.

"Please, I'm too important to be fired." He replies stretching his arm around your shoulders. Tensing, you quickly stand up, move Jeremy to the middle of the lounge, and sit down on the right side. Vincent looks at you with mock hurt which you respond to with a sneer.

Without warning, the door suddenly slams open again and Scott storms in.

"Ah Scott! Come to join the party--" Vincent starts with a grin but is interrupted by Scott's outraged (almost) yell.

"JEREMY AND FRITZ! YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WORKING! BREAK'S OVER YOU TWO!" He expresses his emotions will wild gestures as well as his tone of voice. And you could've sworn you'd heard a dial tone halfway through his rant.

"UHH, s-sorry Scott! I- uh..." Jeremy stammers in fright quickly moving towards the door. Scott's expression softens at the younger man's distress and he quickly moves to the side allowing him through the door.

"It's okay Jeremy, FRITZ GET YOUR ASS OFF THAT COUCH!" He says shooting a glare at Fritz, arms folded. With a small smile Fritz stands up, adjusts his glasses, and exits, giving a small wave behind him. Without another word Scott follows them both out, shutting the door behind him with a slam.

Just as your trying to process what had just happened you feel movement on the couch next to you, turning to see Vincent lying across the now empty space. He shoots you a wink to which you respond with an eye-roll and prop your chin in your palm on the right arm-rest. The fan overhead causes wisps of h/c hair to droop in front of your face which you casually tuck behind your ears.

With a quick glance you look over at the other man in the room in curiosity. He had dark brown steeled eyes which glared down at his phone, and the trademark cap covered his head. You wonder

•••

A yawn from Mike breaks the long-held silence causing you to look up from you phone. He switches off his own phone and looks up at you with a relaxed grin. 

"So, y/n, was it?" He asks glancing down at your name-tag.

"Yeah." You mumble through your hand, putting your phone down. "And you're Mike?"

"Schmidt." He confirms standing up and stretching. "Mike Schmidt. Hey, the break ended about..." He glances at his phone. "Six minutes ago. You mind waking Vincent?" He says moving across the room to pick up a ring of keys.

Startled that you could've let the time escape you, you quickly cringe. "Can't you?" You moan glancing down at the man who was so fast asleep, he could've been mistaken for a corpse. "I mean, I don't even know if he's actually asleep or faking it..."

Mike raises an eyebrow at you as he clips the keys onto his belt. Letting out a groan you stand up as well, "Fine." You grumble. Looking around the room you spot a broom in the corner and a smile quickly replaces your frown as you walk over to pick it up.

Moving back over to the couch you hold out the end of the broomstick and jab it sharply into Vincent's face. "Wake u--" Before you can finish he jolts upright with a scream. Mike's laughs bounce around the room mingling with your's as you both bend over breathless at the man's reaction. Vincent's head snaps to glare at you before he grabs the broom, snaps it over one knee, and throws it across the room.

Immediately you and Mike both stop laughing and glance at each other.

"You know, Boss' gonna make you buy a new one." Mike states as Vincent stands up, brushing off his lilac uniform and reaching for his matching hat.

"I'd love to see him try." He growls before exiting the room in long strides.

As soon as he leaves Mike grins at you, "That was amazing. I've never seen anyone tick Vincent off that much and leave without at least a few stab wounds." He laughs.

You grin back at him, "Yeah, well. I am preeettyy great." You gloat mockingly, dusting off your shoulders.

He rolls his eyes with a smile, "C'mon, before Scott loses his mind."

•••

Nothing else really happened that day. You were told to sweep the store rooms (with the spare broom) and clean certain tabletops, dodging small children that never seemed to lessen in number, but only multiplied each time you entered the main area. The animatronics creeped you out a little as you cleaned, but nothing more.

After a couple hours of work you're shift was over. Fritz told you he was working shift that night as you had swept one storeroom together, so only he and Scott were there when you left. Waving goodbye you headed back home, maybe this job wasn't so bad after all...