Tuesday - The Karaoke Competition

You smile happily as the sun shines through your window, illuminating your messy but comfortable room. Even though your shift starts in less than ten minutes you can't seem to find any motivation to get up. Your uniform is surprisingly comfy to relax in despite the buttons and stiff fabric. But abruptly, for no reason at all, a spark of motivation forces you to get up with a complaining groan and begrudgingly descend the steep staircase to the kitchen.

Grabbing a piece of toast you quickly exit, not wanting to be too late on only your second day of work. Making your way down the sun splayed street you reach the pizzeria with a jovial smile playing on your face, only to transform into confusion as you enter through the double glass doors.

A banner is being hung above the stage with the words 'Karaoke Comp' punctuated with a large exclamation mark on the end. And the people hanging it are having quite a bit of trouble.

"No, no, NO, NO! I said UP you idiot!" Mike's voice yells, directed at Fritz who is yanking down the other side of the banner, balanced precariously on a tall, steel ladder.

"For the last time Mike, SPEAK UP!" Fritz retaliates while shifting the banner upwards, now too high. The argument continues as Scott walks over to you with a checklist.

"About time y/n, people will be coming in any minute now! And we're not nearly ready enough!!" He cries in exasperation with wide hand movements.

"Relax Scott!" You yell trying to calm him down, "I'll help, don't worry we'll get ready in time." You offer him a reassuring smile which he returns gratefully. 

"Thanks y/n, okay..." He starts flipping through his clipboard again, "I'm going to need you to.. find the karaoke machine." He says looking up again in concern.

"You guys HAVE a karaoke machine?" You muse curiously.

"I know," Scott snorts, "I didn't believe it either, but apparently according to Vincent there's one in the store room. Which is where I need you to look... with.. Vincent.."

You turn up your nose at the task but sigh and decide it's easier to go along with it than arguing, "Yeah, fine, okay."

Scott gives you a sideways look, "You sure you're okay?"

You roll your eyes, "I think i'll be fine finding a karaoke machine."

Scott smiles slowly, "It wasn't really the machine I was worried about."

You return his smile a little more weakly, "Thanks for caring, be right back. AND DON'T FREAK OUT AGAIN!" You call over your shoulder, walking down the hall towards the store-room.

As you pushed open the store-room door the last thing you would've expected was a golden bear's face to leap out at you through the darkness with an ear-piercing shriek.

"AAAAAAAHHH!!!" You scream jumping backwards, slipping and landing on your back on the black-and-white tiled floor, which apparently, you just learnt the hard way, had just been waxed.

"HAHAHAHA!" The yellow Freddy face is peeled off to reveal the familiar face of Vincent. Your eyes, in turn, dramatically change from being wide in fear, to narrowed in hatred.

"YOU-" You yell trying to get up, but slipping and falling again, harder, on the tiles, "-ASSHOLE!"

Chuckling, he offers forward his hand again to help you up which you only glare at, finally managing to get up yourself. Still mildly amused he leans back against the door frame and smirks at you, "When are you ever going to accept that I'm trying to be nice to you?"