A New Standard

My eyes widened as he came impossibly close. His hands went around my waist, pulling me towards him, to the edge of the bed. I think I tried to move away, but I couldn't be certain. At this point I wasn't even sure if I was awake.

This surely had to be a dream right?

And then he looked into my eyes, his green depths drinking in my own muddy brown ones, and I felt exposed. Like with that small, intangible connection I was allowing him access to my innermost thoughts.

I had the overwhelming need to look away, and yet I was chained to his heated gaze. We were hardly a hair's breadth apart and his hands were snaked around my waist in an iron grip. There was no movement possible except forward, he'd made sure of that.

It was all still the same. Every touch, every emotion, even the feel of his hot breath on me, everything incited this strange, uncontrollable and unconditional affection in me. Like he was meant for me. Oh how I wish I could explain this to myself but I just didn't have the words.

Ironic, for a script writer.

His eyes were getting darker again, and I knew that something was holding him back. He was frozen, I was frozen.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening but it was like I was bound by something invisible and no action could be taken to fight this.

I knew I should move away, voice out that this was not okay, but I just felt so...content.

I could stay like this all day, letting him read me.

And then Reece closed his eyes, seemingly trying to reign something in and it effectively broke the spell I was in.

What am I doing?!

His eyes opened a moment later, both were their usual forest green and he seemed to be in better control now.

I, on the other hand, freaked.

"Reece! What- uh, move your hands!" I blabbered and a knowing smirk grew on his lips as he loosened his grip just a little. I immediately moved back, creating a meager amount of space between us but it managed to calm my burnt nerves.

He was still smirking, that asshole knew what he did to me and he was so smug about it. He entranced me so easily.

It boiled my blood.

Why can't I just fight this absolutely ridiculous bond?! Nobody can fall that deep in love!

A blush began to rise as I took in our current position and tried to move further away from him.

His smile widened as he held his grip and watched me struggle.

"Reece! What are you-"

"I like this position." He said it so casually, as if he wasn't a few centimeters away from me.

My face turned further red, "Let go!"

Why was he getting so bold all of a sudden?

"So, you still like me." He whispered, his smile not lessening by a millimeter.

I made a mental note to jump off the highest building once I was out of his arms.

How embarrassing! Why would he say it out like that?!

"Reece!" I squeaked in alarm. He had to stop this torture!

"You're blushing." He observed, again so casually.

GAAAAH! Someone make him stop before I spontaneously combust!

"Reece it's not- it's not like that! Let go!" I protested in his arms, goodness how strong was he?!