Forgotten One

Reece's POV

It's so .... Hot. I'm feeling so hot. I wish you would just-

I ground my teeth in frustration. My mate was playing with fire. At this rate I'd have to leave before the closing speech and have my way with her in the woods.

Reece. Your arms around me, on my waist, sliding up my hips, gripping my bottom..

I almost let out a groan. If she would keep this up, it wasn't going to end well.

Taking my eyes off the old man talking about his property nearby, I scanned the crowd for my mate. I spotted her back from far away, she was leaning over as though she was trying to control her laughter. In front of her stood Daniella, who was not holding back as she openly glanced at me.

Sienna had left the moment she'd done her work - taught my love how to block her mind, but still send mindlinks to people.

And she was enjoying teasing me from across the clearing.

I should just block her out too. This sort of torture was not good for me.

But we both knew I couldn't. I wanted to hear her..talk dirty.

Was it easy for her to think like that and still look so calm? I was going to die of blue balls here!

And then kiss my lips hard, like the savage beast you are, because you know, I love it rough.

That part had me doubling over coughing. GOODNESS! Where was my shy Flora getting the courage to say things like this?

Narrowing my eyes, I noticed her sway slightly.

Was she drunk? Oh God she was drunk!

And by the looks of it, so was Dani, and werewolves didn't get drunk easily! Dammit Daniella!

The old man in front of me held out something and I had to drag my attention back to him. It was his business card. I took it with a distracted smile, hoping it looked genuine enough.

I just really wanted to get to her! But I knew I had to practice restraint unless I wanted the people from the human world publishing pictures of Flora in tomorrow's news.

Earlier when I'd gone to her car, I'd made sure we were well away from any prying eyes as well.

That woman was really pushing her luck today!

Grey! Control your woman! I shot a loud mindlink to my beta. From the side of the field I saw him visibly wince at how authoritative my command was, but then he turned to me from the chair he was sitting on, and gave me a roll of his eyes.

I don't even want to know. He mindlinked back, as he heaved himself up from the bench, leaving Hank and Atticus engaged in a deep conversation. I followed his figure as he walked past me, and began to move towards his mate and mine.

Alpha King, there is a situation.. The voice of Noori's brother was a huge surprise in my head. Cautiously, and my mind completely alert now, I automatically looked around for him in the festivities.

Yes, Nate?

Ummm, It's hard to explain. His voice came through, I could still not spot him. My restlessness grew.

Where are you? Is it some sort of danger? Speak up! I let some of my authority seep into my tone. I didn't want to scare the young lad but I couldn't deal with his calm nature with my mate intoxicated and teasing. As if on cue,