Confuse Them

"Ooomph." I heard a sound as I kicked something next to me while trying to stretch my limbs.

"That's not nice." His voice made me shiver, in a good way. Where was I?

The hotel. Growls. Trees. Handcuffs. Claws. We-

"Werewolf!" I spoke out in alarm and sat up simultaneously, my eyes opened to take in the room. A sharp pain resonated through my chest.

A large sized bedroom with a soft looking white carpet, red drapes around large windows, a large plasma screen TV right in front of us and a very thick comforter lying around me, with Reece's head popping out from under it. The sudden intake of light made me squeeze my eyes tightly shut and pray to god that this had all been a dream. But when I slowly opened my eyes a second time, the huge bandage wrapped around my arm and the popping out head still next to me allowed no mistake. It had all happened.

He hadn't uttered a single word as he assessed me. His eyes first raked over my injury - since most of the comforter was off me when I started up - and then settling on my face.

I didn't say anything either, but met his eyes with sudden bravery of my own.

And then I remembered, "You drugged me!" My voice was thick from sleeping but it didn't stop me from shouting.

He sighed, but there was a slight smile playing on his lips. "You think that is funny?" I challenged. I was really going to lose my shit at him one of these days.

"How are you feeling?" His question meant to sidetrack me, I knew, but it worked anyway.

"I...I feel fine." It was true, I only felt a dull throbbing in my chest and a slight burn in my arm. Even my exhaustion was nearly gone. I wasn't numb...I was normal. I couldn't stop myself from asking the next words, "How?"

Reece got up as well, sitting cross legged, facing me. My heartbeat rose when the comforter slipped from him, exposing his bare torso.

Yum.

But then he moved slightly closer to me and alarms flashed in my head, yet I held my ground.

"Don't get scared of me, Flora." He repeated the words from last night again.

Was I? Scared of him? Last night I had been in shock, I couldn't understand what was happening and the lack of control frightened me. This was a whole species that I only thought existed in horror stories that suddenly came alive. Fear was a natural reaction. But now, when I had slept on it, not to mention woken up feeling better and safer, I had no justifiable reason to be afraid.

My mind and heart agreed for once. Reece was no threat.

He waited cautiously, almost as if he was waiting for the onslaught of a panic attack, but none came. Wordlessly, I nodded. The relief that blew across his face matched mine. For now, this was over. It would just be a chapter we put behind us.

"I have questions." I made it sound more like a command.

"I would be worried if you didn't." He smiled a small smile. My heart fluttered at how gorgeous he looked right in the morning. The crooked smile, the marble sculpted abs, the expressive green eyes, and his messy, yet incredibly sexy bed hair. God, I was still so attracted to him despite everything.

Shame on me. It was like falling in love with an animal!

A slight blush rose to my cheeks and I cast my eyes downward, looking instead at the two pillows placed between us. He had kept his promise.

"As much as I want to know what's making you blush, I need to check on your injuries first. See if they're healing the way they should be." My eyes rose to meet his again, and I could see the mischief in them. What was he up to?