Seventeen Laps

Flora's POV

"She did WHAT?"

"I'm standing right here, Reece," I said dryly and he turned to give me a hopeless look.

"You shouldn't have gone in there." He swore, glaring between Grey and I.

"Why not? I was of more help than anyone else." I shot back. The world was in danger and all he could think about was what I had risked. Reece scoffed," And what if it was a trap huh? What then? Did you think about that? The risk that you were putting yourself in?"

"I did." My voice was measured.

"And?"

"And it was a calculated risk." I tried my best to not look patronizing but he was making it so easy.

"Reece, you haven't even heard what we found out. Just listen to that first." Grey tried reasoning with his King and Reece only let out a growl. He then began pacing.

"One day - no, half a day. I leave her alone for half a day and this is the kind of decision you make. I don't know what to do. And you ordered them? How did she even know that they couldn't deny her?" He spoke between the two of us.

"Theo told-"

"We did just-"

Both Grey and I spoke at once. He immediately stopped, and I gave him a small, wry smile. I really didn't want to deal with Reece in this possessive phase right now. We were in one of the conference rooms, it was nearly dinner time and everyone was busy doing whatever they had to do.

Cole was looking for Brianna. Atticus and Hank were looking at Deta's old correspondences from three years ago. Sienna and Daniella had shifted now to the rogue attack that had taken place at The Wolf earlier. They said something about it all possibly being connected but nobody really knew what was going on. Isla..had slept. She was finally sleeping in her own bed and tomorrow promised a better appetite. Noori was busy.. avoiding me. Apparently my bloodwork had come back and she didn't want to give me the answers she knew I would order her to tell me if she met me. This newfound power was like a drug.

The doors swung open and a huffing Nate entered the room. I looked over his shoulder and then at him. He looked over his shoulder too. Before I could ask, he said, "Xena's sleeping." But the way he said it, he had to look away. I raised an eyebrow, narrowing my eyes as I got all elder sister protective. "What's going on?" My voice was firm and he automatically moved towards Reece. I caught a sight of his collar and my eyes widened.

"Nate! WHAT IS THAT ON YOUR COLLAR?!" I don't know what happened exactly but I lunged for him. Reece stepped in the middle and held me back. "NATE! Answer me where is she?!" I screamed but he looked so alarmed that all he could do was stare at me.

"Flora! Flora calm down!" Reece murmured into my ear as I fought against him. Did he not see the red on his collar?!

"No! Reece why is there blood on his collar!?" I struggled with him but he held me back. Surprisingly, he seemed to be having quite the challenge in keeping me at bay.

"Queen! Queen I promise she is fine!" Nate said suddenly, finding his voice. He raised both his hands in front of him like I was a cop and he was a guilty criminal. Grey was watching at our exchange in horrid fascination.

"Flora! He just marked her! That's all! Calm down!!" Reece said louder this time. I stopped struggling. Reece let go off me immediately and stepped back, blocking Nate from my view.

"Oh." I whispered, and then looked away from their wide eyes to my own hands. Had I really just lunged at Nate? What was I going to do? Attack him?