Princess in Tower

Xena's POV

He just...left me? Why would he do that? It made no sense! I knew his entire plan. I knew his name, his identity, I could name people and they would be hunted down like animals. He just...left?

My head spun once more as I tried to stand up. I hadn't been harmed by anyone. I was left all alone locked in a store room, with no way out. My claustrophobia started kicking in as we spoke, but I kept calm. There was only one thing on my mind, and it was to protect my best friend. I knew I was just realizing my werewolf strengths but there was so much I didn't know about it. My senses were heightened but all those extra noises and feelings were overwhelming me. Like if you were a mind reader and a billion thoughts ran through your head at the same time.

How could he leave me alive? Wasn't he afraid of consequences? Or maybe he just didn't have the time and he had to get back to Flora first - she was his main target.

Julian had gotten to me so easily - just on the premise of Flora's safety. When the silver hit everyone and chaos ensued - a simple text and a picture of an unconscious Flora lying in an air vent had me ditching my security and following the instructions. But all that led to was me getting to meet my fake brother, who locked me up here with nothing to say about how he'd made an ass of me. I had been tricked. He knew how protective I was off her and he used that against me to trap me.

I staggered to my feet once again, after two failed attempts, trying to understand what was causing my disorientation. I tried to reach for Nate in my head but that didn't work either. It was like he wasn't there in my peripheral, mental radar. Maybe his strength was down as well? So why wasn't the silver working on me? Because I was too new? I was still part human? But he made sure that I wasn't okay because of whatever he injected in me that made me feel all woozy and confused. Every aspect accounted for.

It was like I had all the strength, I could feel all the things, but I couldn't focus my mind on what needed to be done – I couldn't even get my legs to stand for long. Was this how Hulk felt all the time?

I sat and breathed through the dizziness, making sure to fight off the feeling of no control. Like the space you are in when you're so drunk that you're very aware of everything, but you can't do much about it.

Why would he leave me alive? My...brother. He just dragged me in here, locked me up, and left. In his eyes, I could see that he didn't want to hurt me, it was like he just wanted me out of the way. Was he protecting me? I don't think so. There had to be some other reason.

I tried mindlinking again, this time linking Flora. If I was still part human, then maybe she was too? Maybe she couldn't talk to anyone except me either?

'Hmmmm.'

'Flora! Oh my God, Flora! Are you alright?' I let my concern flow through the pack bond. Trying to shake her out of her own haze.

'Xen..a.' she murmured, and my panic increased ten-fold.

'Flora! Wake up! Flora listen to me! Wake up!' I told her, nearly yelling through the bond.

'Xena?' she spoke this time, more clearly and I felt a tiny part of my head clear as well. With a renewed resolve, I shut my eyes and focused on mindlinking her more clearly, more sternly.

'Yes! Yes baby, it's me! Please god, where are you? What can you see around you?!' I urged, wishing that I could give her strength through the link, but I knew that wasn't possible.

"I-It's dark. My head hurts' She said weakly and my heart dropped a little.

'Are you moving? Or in a room?'

'I'm ... stationary.'

At that I had to laugh. Stupid woman had been knocked out, but she could think of the word 'stationary.'