Chpt 1: No Respect

"Ugh! Don't touch me you slob!" Chloe squealed as a small old man tried to reach out to her for help as he'd fallen over.

"Yeah! Don't you know who you're dealing with?! This is Chloé Bourgeois, the mayor's daughter!" Chloé's "best friend" Sabrina agreed.

"You tell him Sab. Let Ladybug and that mangy cat deal with this." The blonde girl sneered.

"Yeah. Someone like Chloé doesn't have time to waste on you. Leave it to the superheroes."

The two girls laughed as they walked away with Chloé doing a conceited flip of her hair.

??? POV

"You can't be serious, Master? That girl? She has absolutely no respect. She'd be a disgrace to miraculous holders."

"Didn't you here it, Wayzz?"

"Hear what?"

"She said let the superheroes deal with it. She believes in them."

"She probably said that unconsciously. It was a mistake."

"There are no mistakes-"

"Yes because you gave the butterfly miraculous to Hawk Moth on purpose."

"-Most of the time."

Chloé POV

"Daddy!" I yelled into the halls of my house, removing my shoes. My butler came towards me, his normal indifferent expression which made it impossible for me to tell whether or not he came with good or bad news, bowing per the usual.

"Ms Bourgeois, your father's away on a very important business matter. He won't be home until later tonight."

"Whatever." I glared at the butler, missing his sigh, as I exited.

I walked up to my room, ignoring the staff that bowed on my way up. Reaching my door I opened and upon entering slammed it out of anger. This was the third time this week that my Father had bailed on dinner. We used to always eat together until he decided to become mayor. Now he was only ever around when he felt like it or I'd caused some really big mess or whatever.

I found myself sighing as I trudged my way to my bed. I fell face forward, groaning into my pillow and just laid there. My thoughts elsewhere.

It wasn't until I heard chatting outside my door did I realise I'd been lying there for over an hour. Like always, they were arguing over who was to come and inform me dinner was ready. It was the same everyday and I knew why. No one wanted to deal with me. I was bossy. Vain. Incompetent. Mean. A bully. All their own words. I've heard them all. The one that really got to me however?

B*tch.

That was the moment I stopped threatening to have them fired. If they thought of me that way, what about my father? What about Adrian? Honestly. I couldn't stand the thought of the two most important people in my life hating me. They mean the world to me. However, I feel like they're being taken from me. My father, by the public and Adrien, by them. The only people in the class to outright stand up against me.

...I admire them...

It really does take guts and,
They have it.

KNOCK KNOCK

"Ms Bourgeois. Dinners ready."

"Bring it up to my room!" I yelled back, not even bothering to move.

After a while there was another knock on the door. I sighed, standing up and took out my mirror, checking my hair and make up. After I was presentable I opened the door and glared up at the maid who stood quivering with a tray in her hands.

I looked at her name plate, seeing the name was Rebecca. She was obviously new and it was also obvious everyone else had been spreading rumours like they did to every new staff member. I looked around seeing if anyone else had come to check on the rookie only to see she was completely alone.

I stopped glaring as I took the tray from her hands and walked back inside, shutting the door quietly behind me. Not really in the mood to slam it. As I did I heard her squeak which only helped to further deepen my annoyed mood.

I waked over to my table, placing my tray on it and took a seat on my chair. Looking down I saw my usual dieted meal. An unrecognisable drink of unknown ingredients with a black straw and yellow cocktail umbrella. My white, crystal plate holding a medium steak, a portion not even enough to feed a mouse, and a strawberry salad with sour cream in a small container at the side. My typical "healthy meals" my father pre-orders for me. I don't get a choice. I feel like he's actually trying to starve me of anything.

I sighed once again as I picked up my bag, pushing the tray away from me, deciding that I may as well empty the contents of my bag. As I poured it all on the floor, watching the worthless books fall and my make up purse, a small object caught my eye.

I stopped, putting down my bag, and got on my knees to get a closer look. It was a small, black, angular box covered in various and indescribable red markings. I picked it up slowly, cautiously, no recognition of putting the box in my bag playing in my mind.

"Strange..." I murmured, running my delicate, manicured, left fingertips along the box, not wanting to damage it even in the slightest. Despite the nagging in the back of my head to tell someone or even ignore the box completely; I opened it; but by the intense gold light being emitted, I almost dropped it.

Once the light finally cleared I looked back to see a...

GIANT BUG.

"Ahhh!" I screamed, immediately backing away.

"Wait! Don't be afraid! I'm not going to hurt you."

"HELP. GIANT TALKING BUG."

"Chloe."

"How-How do you know my name?" I stuttered out, feeling for something behind me to throw.

It sighed before turning to me and smiling. "Hello, Chloe. I am a kwami that turns ordinary, everyday people, into superheroes! Ladybug and Chat Noir also have kwamis. I'm the bee miraculous kwami, Hunni. I guess it's um...okay...meeting you."

"Excuse me?! It should be your pleasure and honour to meet someone of such high prestige."

"Ugh. You're just as annoying as the rumours."

..."Rumours?"

"What's this? Could it be that rumours don't bode well with the pretty prim princess?"

"I am not-ugh! I hate you! Get out of my room!"

"Can't do. Despite my better judgement I have to stay. You've been chosen as the next holder. You are going to become queen bee. You are going to be a superhero." You're wrong.

"A superhero? Why would I become one? What I need right now is hero. I need my own hero..."

"Silly girl. Haven't you heard the saying? If there is no hero, become the hero."

"I don't want to be a hero. Just...leave me alone." I stood up, turning away from the stupid bug as I took a seat back at my desk, going to eat my meal.

It was quiet as I ate, so I'd just guessed she'd left so I turned around, only to scream again. She'd decided it was a great idea to fly right beside my face, holding her box in her tiny hands(?). I noticed that she was staring at something so I followed her line of sight, seeing she was staring at my strawberry salad.

"You want some?" Wait, what am I doing?

"Uh huh." Why am I being kind?

"Take some if you want." I shrugged nonchalantly as if I wasn't bothered by this situation. An oversized - now that I've had a closer look - bee appears in my room from a glowing light that came from a mysterious box I have no recollection of ever seeing. She's staring at my meal and almost drooling and I'm now offering her some which is completely out of character. It was like if all the aggressiveness  that followed me around had just, vanished.

What was this bug doing to me?

☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆-☆

Word count : 1338