Chpt 4 : Leaf Turning

Chloe POV

Lucky for me, and everyone, there was no akuma so we just scanned the city, getting to know each other. This however, also meant that no one knew either Volpina or myself existed.

Getting up the next day for school, I felt honestly happy, although I was hungry. Hunni was right. It takes a lot of energy for us both to transform.

I sat in my seat in class, Sabrina putting my bag down for me before we started up a conversation. I was busy talking about the party my father was holding Friday that he said I could bring a friend to ( Sabrina, of course ). Marinette, Alix and Adrien are all going because well, it's Adrien Agreste and Maritrash's parents still hold the reputation for best bakery in Paris. Alix 'cause the museum. Oh and Tomato gets in because of...something...whatever, who cares?

I heard that stupid laughter that came in the class everyday, signifying Alya and Marinette entering with Nino and Adrikins trailing behind them.

I found myself staring at Alya, once again cringing at her fashion sense. It's like if she sensed it though as she turned to me, redirecting her little group's attention with it.

"What, Chloe? Not in the mood to insult my outfit today?" Alya glared at me, guessing what I was thinking.

"Oh please. It's an insult to itself. I don't need to put it into words." I laughed before turning to Sabrina, ignoring the feeling of eyes burning holes through me from every angle.

"Chlo, I've got your homework?" Sabrina said, pulling out a sheet of paper.

Oh no! I'd forgotten to tell her I'd be doing my homework on my own from now on, courtesy of Hunni. I was going to apologise and say she no longer had to do my work when I noticed that she only pulled out one sheet and not two.

"Where's yours?"

"Oh, right. I didn't have enough time to finish my copy so I only finished yours. Don't worry, I'm prepared to take the fall." Sabrina smiled at me, myself staring back with a blank face. I could sense more than see the angry, disapproving looks behind our backs.

It didn't take long for myself to come to a decision. Thanks to Hunni's lectures last night I know that I should be the one taking the fall but because I still did my own homework, we're both in the clear.

I took the sheet from her rubbing off my name and writing Sabrina's.

"Chloe what are you-"

"Keep it. I forgot to say I did my own."

"You? Did your own?"

"What is that supposed to me?" I snapped, pulling out my sheet from my bag as evidence.

"It's just. Well, you never do your homework."

"That doesn't mean I'm incapable. It just means it's not worth my precious time."

"Of course not! You're perfect at everything Chloe!" Sabrina smiled happily at me.

"I know." I said, flipping my hair over my shoulder.

As the teacher walked in, I glanced at Adrien, seeing the reactions of everyone in the class as I did so. They all looked confused, some still rather spiteful. Maritrash looked...Proud??? And Tomato was being as red as a tomato as he avoided my eyes. Why? Don't ask me.

*time skip : end of class *

Everyone put away their things as the bell rang.

"And don't forget class," Ms whatever-her-name-is spoke up before everyone left, "I expect you to have your project finished by next Monday."

Project? Right. The hero project. You were to chose a hero you know about. William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, Joan of Arc and after Adrien asked, Ladybug and Chat Noir. I know this is odd, but I seriously hope there's an akuma so Queen Bee will be known and I can write on her...myself...

I'm not vain.

I'm not.

I'm turning over a new leaf, and that's gonna start with writing a report about myself so that everyone knows who I am!

Uhhh.

Not vain.