Chpt 2 : The Punny Side of Bees

Hunni flew over to my salad, leaving the box by my right hand. She picked up a small strawberry and started nibbling on it with a bright and happy face. She was yellow with three black stripes on her head which got smaller as they ascended upwards. Striped yellow and black stinger and completely black antennae, hands and feet. If that's what you call them. She had the biggest, sparkliest navy blue eyes in the world. I found myself giggling at her adorably happy face nibbling down on her strawberry. She looked up and smiled at me, her mouth slightly stained a rosy red from the strawberry. "Open the box." She commanded before continuing her feast on another strawberry.

I obeyed despite her demanding tone. I let my hand linger slightly on the box again before opening it. Inside was a yellow comb with a small bee on the top. "Why is there a comb?" I asked, honestly confused.

"Your miraculous. Unlike Ladybug and Chat Noir's ring and earings you don't need to wear it at all times, mainly because you can't. You just need to have it on you at all times. Like in a purse or something. You know?"

"Uh... Sure." I replied uncertainly, picking up the comb to inspect it further.

"You know about superpowers right? "Lucky charm" and "cataclysm" type thing."

"Yeah." I said, deciding to take a sip of the despicable concoction, putting down the comb next to my hand. I wrinkled my noise in disgust at the tangy, saltiness of the drink.

"That looks disgusting."

"It is." I sighed. Putting it back down.

"Well anyway. Your power is activated by these words "Bee Hive." It makes multiple clones of yourself that can also fight. They'll disappear after ten seconds."

"Clones? Why clones?"

"Cause you're queen bee. Everyone queen needs it workers." She winked, her high pitched voice giggling in the cutest of ways.

"Anything else I should know?"

"Yep. Your main partner is the fox Miraculous. She's being chosen at this moment as well. Um, you can fly. Just like Ladybug and Le Paon-"

"Ladybug can't fly."

"I'm aware. Tikki must've still not told her. Either way, ladybug has always been taught by Le Paon or Queen Bee."

"Tikki? Who's that?"

"No one important. Is this seriously all you eat?" She gestured towards my meal.

"Yep."

"Well you'll have to start eating more. You'll be too tired after work if you don't. One other thing. Even though you're being pretty nice right now,  I don't want you being nice anywhere else."

"But isn't being nice like a superhero trait."

"Yes but if a new superhero arrives and Chloe Bourgeois starts acting positively around the same time, people will get suspicious. You could tone it down a bit though. If your identity is ever revealed a lot of people will feel upset because it's the bully."

"You see me that way...too?..."

"For now? Yes. But I have a feeling I'll get to know the real you very soon."

"The real me? What are you talking about, stupid bug?"

"Hunni. It's Hunni. What I mean is I can tell there's another you trapped inside. One that wants to break free and that has been banging on its cage from the very moment it was locked up. It wants out."

"You make it sound like it's a beast."

"I'm already looking at it."

"Why you?!!! That's it! I've been tolerating you up to this point but no more!!"