The Best Medicine

It's currently 4:15am, and I wake up to my throat aching, and my t-shirt and pyjama trousers sticking to my body. I quietly get out of bed whilst trying not to wake up my boyfriend, Josh, who's sleeping soundly. He's got one arm wrapped around my waist, whilst sleeping on his stomach, his head turned to the side, his breath tickling my neck as he snores slightly. I try to move out of his grip, but it tightens around my waist. I try again, and I hear him stir slightly in his sleep.
"Y/N, you ok?" He mumbles, half asleep.
"I'm fine," I whisper, trying to make my voice sound as 'normal' as possible in order to avoid him getting worried. I instantly sit up as I feel his arm leave my waist, and instantly feel dizzy. My hands fumble around to find my glasses, but I can't locate them.
"What are you looking for?" Josh asks, sounding more awake now. I hear him sit up, and he turns on the lamp, causing light to flood the room. I shut my eyes as it's too bright. I slowly open them, then see my glasses on the bedside table, and hastily put them on.
"Y/N, you're shaking. You ok?" Josh taps my shoulder, causing me to look at him. He feels my forehead, then looks at me worriedly.
"Is it bad?" I croak.
"I'm not sure, but I'll just run downstairs and get the thermometer." He gets up and runs off to the door, but stops, and looks at me.
"Do you think you can make it downstairs? It's just that I don't want you to stay alone up here."
"I need to pee," I murmur, getting up, then instantly falling, Josh catching me just in time.
"Right," he says sternly, picking me up bridal style, "you're coming downstairs so I can keep an eye on you." I open the door for him, and he smiles at me. I snuggle into his chest, his heartbeat calming me down as we walk downstairs. He stops at our downstairs toilet, and he waits outside as I use it. Once I'm out, he holds my hand, and we walk into the kitchen. He picks me up, and settles me onto the counter as he searches for the thermometer.
"Josh, I'm tired," I mumble.
"I know you are, baby. Ah, found it!" He walks over to me, and takes my temperature. It beeps, and he frowns at it.
"Is it bad?" I say, shivering. He doesn't answer, but he shows me what it says: 39°C. "Jishwa, I'm cold."
"I know, babe, but it's just your body fighting the infection. Here," he hands me the medicine, "this will help." I reluctantly take the medicine, wincing at the taste.
"It's disgusting," I cringe. He chuckles, then hands me a glass of water.
"This will help with at, my lady." I take a sip of water, then put it down. He helps me off the counter, then carries me up to bed. He goes back down to get my water, then, takes off the duvet, replacing it with a thin sheet. I frown at him.
"It's to help cool your temperature down. And tomorrow, you are on bed rest." He props up my pillows, and holds my hand as he lies back down, looking up at me.
"But how will I get food?" I question him.
"Well, um, I'm available to become your waiter for the day," he says, grinning at me. "Now, please, try and get some sleep."
"I'll try to," I promise, shutting my eyes, and slowly drift off to a half decent sleep.