In Trench I'm not alone

"Joshy, I'm nervous," I say to my boyfriend, Josh, as we sit in a hospital waiting room, waiting for a surgeon to call me down. I had experimental surgery a few weeks ago, and I'm back in the hospital as I'm waiting to go down to have another surgery in order to see if everything is ok. Josh squeezes my hand.
"You'll be ok, Y/N. I'm right here," he says calmly, wrapping me into a hug. I sniff a little.
"Y/N, we're ready for you," says a nurse. I start whimpering, my heart breaking.
"Hey, it's ok," Josh whispers to me.
"Stay with me," I sniff.
"Always."
We start walking, me clinging onto Josh for dear life as horrific memories flash into my head. When we get to the Anaesthetist room, I'm bawling. Luckily, a super kind nurse is on hand to distract me and give me tissues.
"What song are you gonna listen to?" Josh asks me.
"Leave the City."
"Excellent choice."
I start to play the song, and tell the nurse about twenty one pilots, although she has heard of them. A random lady walks in and then puts the anaesthetic mask on me.
"What the heck?" Josh murmurs, but by that point, I'm half asleep. I fall unconscious, full of bliss.

Josh's point of view

"Give her a kiss and then the nurse can take you to the ward," the Anaesthetist says to me. I nod politely, and walk out of the room and into the little cubbyhole with a crappy Wendy house in the corner.
"Mr Dun, you must really leave," a nurse says kindly to me. "At least get a coffee or something."
I shake my head.
"I'll be fine."

*30 minutes later*

"Mr Dun, Y/N is out of theatre."
Thank you, God.
I walk out into the recovery area to see a slightly groggy but otherwise ok Y/N.
"Hey, dude, how are you?"
"I'm fine, how about you?" She says with a smile.

Once we're back on the ward, Y/N is up and about. She finds a secluded spot on the windowsill behind a chair, and hides. I laugh.
"I don't blame you. Come here," I say, hugging her tightly.
"Thanks for everything," she whispers.
"It's fine. I love you."
"I love you too."

Hello,

After 2 years on and off, and 100 parts, I've finally finished this book.
Thanks for everything. See you guys soon.

Love,

Kat ||-// xx