Chapter 2

Annie's POV

"Julianna Leblanc?" the teacher asked.

"Here," I responded, raising my hand. I didn't pay much attention to the other names, except for the blond-haired girl and the boy she was talking to. They were sibling- Katie and Brennan Donnelly. Once the teacher finished taking role, he introduced himself. "Hello class," he said, "My name is Mr. Crawford. Now, since homeroom is over in about ten minutes, I'd like you to get to know the people around you. Go ahead." 

I immediately turned to Katie because she was the only person who seemed like they wanted to talk to me. She seemed to know what I was going to ask. "No we aren't twins," she said," but Brennan got held back in 1st grade because he talked too much and didn't get any work done." I began to giggle, and Brennan turned at the sound of his name. "It's Julianna, right?" he asked me. "Yeah, but I go by Annie." I answered. He smiled at me, which made me feel nervous. Wait, what? No, it can't be. I'm just because it's the first day. "I didn't get to go to my locker this morning, do you mind coming with me?" I asked Katie. "Sure, no problem." she said. 

Once homeroom was over, Katie helped me find my locker, and Brennan came with us for some reason. I put my books in my locker and looked and my schedule to see where my English class was. Brennan put his hands on my shoulders and peeked at my paper. I started getting major butterflies, but I just pushed them away. I have to focus on school. "Hey, we're in the same English class," Brennan said. He pulled out his schedule to compare it mine, and Katie did the same. Turns out I have Algebra and Biology with Katie, English and History with Brennan, and Study Hall and P.E. with both of them. 

Brennan and I said goodbye to Katie made our way to classroom. We walked the whole way in silence, and I saw many people glancing at us, which made everything really awkward. We finally made our way to the classroom, where Brennan and I sat down next to each other in the second to last row. Then, I heard a voice from behind us.

 "Hey Brennan, miss me?"

--

don't forget to vote! xoxo