Chapter 4

Annie's POV

I went to bed that night feeling really different. 

When I woke up, I actually felt pretty excited for school, but also kinda nervous. I put my hair in two french braids and got dressed. 

Since I lived pretty close to school, I told my mom that I would walk today

Since I lived pretty close to school, I told my mom that I would walk today. I grabbed an apple and headed out the door. I put in my earbuds and began to listen to one of my favorite songs, "Oceans". 

 And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine  

Before I knew it, I was at school. I went straight to my locker and found a flyer taped to it, as well as many other lockers around mine. 

Cheerleading Tryouts!

Tomorrow after school at 3:15!

It continued to list the times that practices will be at for those who make it. I looked at it and realized that the schedule worked perfect for me. Plus, I have a lot of experience that could help me get on the squad. I used to do gymnastics, but I quit after my level 9 season because I didn't have the passion for it anymore. I looked at my phone and realized that I had just a few minutes until homeroom, so I walked as quickly as I could to the classroom and slid into my seat. 

"Hey Annie, did you see the flyers for the cheerleading tryouts?" Katie asked me, "Are you going to do it?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, maybe." Brennan leaned over his desk to get more into our conversation. "You should, I'm on the football team!" He smiled at me, and I began to blush a bit. 

--

Sorry for the short chapter, but I felt bad for not updating for a few days. Don't forget to vote! <3