34 :: real life

"Scott's a what?" Layla's eyes widened and her brother just shrugged,

"Werewolf. Who would've guessed." Will responded nonchalantly. Layla stood at their kitchen table with a dumbfounded look.

"I gotta go, sis. I'll see you after school. Also, close your mouth, you're catching flies!" The youngest Godfrey kissed his sisters forehead and rushed out the front door.

A few days prior, Will had finally saved enough money to buy a bike so he had a way around town, so he got to the school faster than he expected.
Luckily for him though, Mason was sitting in the library with textbooks and stacks of paper spread on the table in front of him.

"Jesus, man. Have you not done any work this semester?" Will joked

"Honestly, not really." Mason looked up at the other boy and it was obvious he barely got any sleep, if any.

"You don't look too good" The Godfrey boy said

"You're tellin' me"

"Take a break. It won't kill you."

"I'm failing 3 of my classes and it's only April" Mason sighed

"Well then move over. I'm helping"

"Aren't you failing a class?"

"Just gym. At my old school I had a 3.7 average" Will reminisced about his old school for a moment. The only decent thing about it was the teachers.

"Okay. Here's a pen, grab a book and paper and let's do this." Will nodded and the two set on their way to finishing Mason's work. It wasn't until someone sat beside Will that they detached themselves from the books.

"Fucking nerds"

"Bite me, Dunbar." Will sneered

"Someone's feisty today!" Liam spoke sarcastically.

"I'm still mad at you" The taller of the two furrowed his brows.

Liam abruptly stood up and Will assumed he was leaving, but he couldn't be so lucky. Liam put his chin on Will's head and placed his arms in front of Will. He held one wrist, almost awkwardly hugging the other boy.
Mason looked over and smirked when he saw Will's cheeks were bright red and he was trying, and failing, to hide a grin of his own.