51 :: real life

Will put his phone down and sighed. Liam hadn't exactly been ignoring him, but he wasn't trying to talk to him either, and of course Will assumed the worst. Liam's either cheating on him or going to break up with him.

Will left his bedroom with Oyster, his rat, on his shoulder, and went into the living room.

"Layla?" He called out. The elder Godfrey didn't answer, and Will just barely heard the shower running in the bathroom. He made his way across the house and knocked on the door.

"I'm in the shower. What do you want?!" Layla yelled.

"I'm taking the car and going to Masons! Love you, bye!" Will rushed to the front door and quickly shut it behind him, that way his sister couldn't argue.

Will climbed into the silver car parked in the driveway, Oyster still on his shoulder, and carefully pulled out of the driveway.

The drive to Mason's house was fast and quiet seeing as he only lived a few streets over. The younger Godfrey pulled up to the curb and parked, texted Mason to say he was there, and stepped onto the pavement.
Will made his way up to the front door and before he could knock, it swung open. Mason stood there, Corey right behind him.

"I want the rat. Let me see him." Corey demanded. Will rolled his eyes dramatically and pulled Oyster out of his sweater, carefully passing him to shorter boy.

"Oh, you can come in too!" Mason joked. The couple stepped aside and let Will in the house. Corey was in awe over Oyster, not even letting Mason pet him.

"I love him. He's doing his best and he's great"

"You know you'll have to give him back, right babe?" Mason wondered.

"I might just steal him." Corey laughed

"Listen, Bryant. You can get your own rodent pal, but this one is mine" Will glared jokingly.

Mason led the way to the living room and Will took a seat at the end of the couch.

"Fancy place, Mace" The boy said, dumbfounded.

"It's too fancy. Makes me feel self conscious about money" Mason said honestly. Will shrugged.

"So, what's going on with you and Li?" Mason asked after he sat down. Wills expression changed from joyful to incertitude.

"I'm not sure. He won't talk to me about anything and I've barely seen him, lately."

"He's been around Hayden a lot!" Corey blurted out. Mason shot him a look that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up.

"Hayden as in, his ex? Girl Hayden? Hayden Romero? The one who hates me?" Will sounded shocked, although he wasn't. He felt more irritated.

"Yeah.. That one." Mason sighed. Corey walked over to Will and placed Oyster on his shoulder.

"Sorry" Corey spoke quietly, sitting beside Mason and nuzzling into his side.

"No, Core you're fine. Thank you" Will looked sincere, making Mason confused.

Will sank into the couch, a look of sadness present on his face.

Wowza I can't keep my own oc happy 😫👌🏻
I'm genuinely sorry this took me fucking ages to publish, im not doin well but here it is yall