04

Enri smiled once more, leaving Ema to do whatever she did when they weren't together

Enri smiled once more, leaving Ema to do whatever she did when they weren't together. I mean what could happen with Juli around? The 16 year-old probably won't get molested by a 15 year-old pop star, right?

When she descended the staircase into the kitchen to grab a snack, the red-head was pleasantly surprised to find a certain blonde and blue-eyed lawyer taking groceries out of a bag.

"Welcome home, Ukyo-kun." She greeted, leaning on the available counter space, right next to the blonde.

Ukyo stared at her for a moment, not saying anything. Confused, Enri tilted her head.

"Are you alright? Did I say something strange?" She asked him.

Suddenly, a warm smile sprouted onto Ukyo's face as he gave a hearty laugh. "No, no, it's nothing. It's just been awhile since I've heard the words 'welcome home'. It sounded nice, that's all. Especially coming from you, Enri-san." He replied, turning back to his groceries.

The red-head smiled before nodding. "That's good, I was afraid I made a bad impression on you already."

Ukyo quickly turned to her with wide eyes. "Oh that would never happen, Enri-san. You're quite pleasant to be around, actually."

This made her blush a bit, her embarrassment levels beginning to climb higher and higher. "You're too kind." She said, twirling a strand of her hair around her finger, a habit she had acquired when she got embarrassed.

Secretly, Ukyo thought it was quite a cute thing to do. He felt proud for some reason, his smile stretching on his lips.

"Well," a sweet voice said, interrupting the blonde's thoughts. "You better get used to hearing that phrase because I'll be saying it often."

With that, Enri left the kitchen before someone lost a finger, remembering to grab an apple from the fruit pantry before she departed.

Ukyo sighed, watching her leave. It would've been nice to have company while he cooked instead of the usual empty silence.

When he turned back to his cutting board, the blonde was pleasantly surprised to see the red-headed physicist set her workbag down on an empty chair, taking the seat adjacent to it and beginning to work on a piece of paper.

Raising her head, she smiled at him as he continued to cook and the two resumed their own tasks in sweet silence.

Eventually, Enri left to do her own thing.

-

When Enri went back to the kitchen she watched as Ema returned from the market, the groceries in her hand weighing down her small stature.

"I'll take some of those." Enri said, grasping the handles of some of the plastic bags.

Ema thanked her elder sister as she set the remaining plastic bags on the kitchen counter.

"What's the occasion? Ukai-san was already cooking." Enri asked curiously, watching as her sister took the groceries out of the bag and setting them onto the table.

"Don't you remember Onee-chan? Today is Subaru-kun's birthday." Ema replied, opening a drawer and pulling out a large glass bowl. She then grasped the carton of eggs, opening the lid and taking out 4 eggs.

She placed those to the side before preparing the other ingredients, chuckling as Enri began to inch carefully away from the kitchen.

"Look, Ema, I know I have the money to repay them for a burned kitchen but I'm positive if I stay here any longer the entire house will burn down, or explode." Enri said, nodding as Ema raised a brow. "It's a possibility, you know it." The red-head stated.

Ema shook her head, continuing to mix the cake batter she had prepared before doing all that cooking do-dad that Enri didn't understand; didn't want to understand.

The red-head left and made her way down the apartment complex, exiting through the front door, grinning as she saw a fresh plaque with her name engraved on it on one of the mail cubbies.

Trotting over to her bike, Enri spent her remaining free moments before the party driving around the building, allowing the air to caress and tangle her red locks.