08

>>>

>>>

As a cool breeze swept through the room, Enri's eyes began to open slowly as her spine shivered from the cold. From what she could piece together without opening her eyes, Wataru had left her room leaving her lonely and confused.

As she was about to fall asleep again a thought ran through her mind, shocking her awake. "Ema's conference." She whispered to herself, her eyes wide as the realization struck her.

Immediately Enri's hand had clasped around her phone, her unoccupied hand running through her hair as she saw she had 10 minutes before the conference started.

"Shit!" Enri shouted as she hastily threw on a top and skinny jeans, rushing out the door to get to the bathroom, not bothering to lock it. Once inside the bathroom, the 27 year-old brushed her teeth, combing her hair a bit before racing to the elevator, getting off on the first floor and snatching her motorcycle helmet off the coat rack, throwing it on her head before revving the engine of her bike, speeding out of the driveway and towards Ema's school.

>>>

Upon arrival and with only 3 minutes to spare, Enri located the nearest student before asking for directions to Ema's classroom, not realizing that her younger step-brother, a red-head like herself, Yuusuke was also in the same class.

"Onee-san!" Ema blurted out, shocked to see her elder sister in the doorway as she was fast asleep when she went to check on her in the morning and the teenager had assumed she wouldn't wake up until the late afternoon.

"Ema, I'm so sorry I'm late, I woke up late." Enri explained, taking a moment to regain her breath. "But Nee-san... I already got someone to fill in for you." Ema said, motioning towards the seat across her where Kaname sat, an amused smirk on his face.

"Hinata-san, Asahina-san, who is this?" A woman questioned, her face contorted in a confused expression. "Ah, sensei, this is my older sister." The 16 year-old girl informed, offering her teacher an apologetic smile.

"Wait, Asahina-san?" Enri questioned, her eyes fixating themselves on a bed of spiky red hair that rivaled her own. "Yuusuke-kun? You're in the same class as Ema?"

The boy nodded, a sheepish smile on his face as he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I suppose this is a double conference, right my little scientist?" Kaname said, his playful smirk not budging an inch. "Yes, I suppose." Enri replied, an uncomfortable frown on her face as she pulled up a chair, placing it next to Ema's.

"Well, I suppose we can start this conference now, right?" Their teacher said, clapping her hands together as the five of them began to discuss grades and behavior in class, ending the conversation on which colleges they'd like to attend in a list from one to three.

"Yuusuke, you didn't fill out which college you wanted to go to, do you not want to go to college?" Kaname asked, staring at the red-head's blank answer box.

With a blush, Yuusuke stole his paper back from his brother with a small growl. "No! I'm going to the same college as her!" He declared, pointing his index finger at Ema until he realized what he did and sat down a red mess.

His expression did not go overlooked from the perceptive Enri and she shot him a small, understanding smile that sent him the message that she knew about his feelings for her sister. In all honesty, the 27 year-old thought it was adorable and was mentally rooting for the boy since she saw him as a sweet and caring person although he was slightly on the delinquent side.

After the conference, the four soon-to-be siblings walked through the empty hallways of the high school, making their way to the double door entrance. "I suppose we separate from here, don't you think?" Kaname said, gesturing towards Enri's two-person motorcycle and his sleek red sports car. "I can take these two back if you want."

"You take Ema home, Kaname-kun, I want to talk to Yuusuke-kun about something, alright?" Enri said, tugging the red-head by the wrist towards her bike. "And if you try to lay even a finger on her with an impure motive, I'll skin you alive, got it?" She continued, sending knife-sharp glares at the sweat-dropping monk. "I got it, I got it. No need to be so hostile my little scientist." He assured her, opening the passenger seat for Ema like a gentleman before hopping into the driver's seat.

"Have a fun ride, Yuusuke!" With that, the blonde monk waved goodbye, exiting the parking lot and speeding away.

"S-so. . . what did you want to talk to me about Hinata-san?" Yuusuke asked, the palms of his hands becoming clammy due to the excessive amounts of anxiousness he felt in that moment. When the woman let out an exasperated sigh, the 16 year-old's shoulders stiffened, his eyes meeting her own ocean-blue-fading-to-purple ones.

"I'm not mad at you Yuusuke-kun, and you don't have to call me Hinata-san. You can call me Enri if you'd like as I already call you by your first name anyways. And the reason I wanted to talk to you is simple. You like Ema, right?" Enri said. It was a blunt blow to Yuusuke's confidence as he thought he was doing a pretty good job of keeping his feelings off the radar.

"Uhm. . . yeah. I do like Ema, I like her a lot!" The red-head confessed, his face flushed with embarrassment. His hands clenched together into fists as he awaited Enri's response, his clammy hands becoming sweatier and sweatier.

His tenseness released, however, as a sweet chuckle erupted from the crimson-haired woman, a broad smile adorning her facial features. "Yuusuke-kun, you're so cute!" Enri said, complimenting the young man. "Don't worry, I got your back. I give you full permission to try and woo my sister as best as you can. I'm rooting for you!"

Another wave of scarlet passed over the teens face as he stuttered his thanks. "T-thanks . . . Onee-san. . ." Yuusuke muttered, a small pout embellishing his face. Enri's smile twisted into a smirk. "What was that Yuusuke-kun? I couldn't hear you. Did you just call me Onee-san?" she chided, snickering at his reaction.

"Shut up! No I didn't!" He protested, grumbling as he climbed onto his new sister's motorcycle, forgetting about their childish bickering for a moment to admire the vehicle.

"You totally did," Enri said with a grin as she revved up her bike's engine, racing home.

>>>