07

>>>

>>>

"A parent teacher conference?" Enri inquired as she removed the keys from her motorcycle, the charms connected to the keychain jingling as they clanked together with the other keys connected to the chain. The scarlet-haired physicist had just returned from an exhausting day at work.

Ema nodded as her side-ponytail bobbed up and down with the movement of her head. "Dad won't be home till the month of the wedding and I was wondering if you could fill in his place. It's alright if you can't, Masaomi-nii or Ukyo-nii to go if you're too busy."

In all honesty, Ema hoped her sister could attend the meeting since her father rarely did due to work and Enri was usually busy studying or was also occupied by her time demanding job.

Ema looked up at her sister anxiously, hope dancing in her eyes as Enri let out a tired sigh. "Oh all right, since it's you I'll see what I can do. Just incase, however, make sure to call Masaomi or Ukyo, perhaps even Kaname if I can't go, alright?"

With a giddy squeal of joy Ema enveloped her sister with her arms, thanking her over and over again before taking the elevator upstairs to begin cooking dinner. As Enri dismounted her midnight-black motorcycle and entered the apartment building, she removed the envelopes that filled her tiny mailbox cubby, taking them with her as she rode the elevator to the fifth floor, entering her room once she was there.

The red-head's eyes swiftly read through the words on the outside of each envelope before her hands abruptly stopped flipping through the pieces of paper as she found a letter from her father and a letter from her previous high school, which she ignored for the most part as she began to tear envelope encasing her father's letter.

It read,

Dear My Beloved Daughter,

This is your father writing to you from overseas in America! The jungles here are absolutely exquisite and are a sight to behold. I was wondering how you and Ema were doing and how you two are getting along with your new brothers.

I know this was a very sudden and unexpected change in your usual life style but I hope you can forgive me since it's been such a long time since I've felt this much love for a woman since your mother passed. Please don't be mad at me or Miwa for re-marrying each other. I love her dearly and I'm sure you will too once you get to meet her, she's a splendid woman.

I truly wish you the best in adjusting, though I know you two will have no problems, you're both so independent that it hurts sometimes when you don't need your dad to look after you anymore.