Shelby's POV

I open the oven and the sweet smell of bread washes over me with the heat of the oven.
I grab the bread and pull it out of them oven. I set them on the counter, letting them cool, with the cool November air.
I turn away from the cookies and grab my book.
I sit down and open the book to my page.
I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes, the doorbell was ringing.
I stand up and walk over to the door.
I grab the doorknob and pull the door open.
Ross is standing there, he is wearing jeans covered in splattered white smears, and a white t-shirt underneath his squirrel hoodie, its hood is up so it's ears are standing up.
"Hey Shelby" he grins, his glasses on the bridge of his nose.
"Hi, wanna come in?" I smile.
"Sure" he says.
I step aside and he walks in, he plops down on the couch.
"What's up?" I ask.
"Just wanted to stop by and say hi to my favorite cousin" he smiles.
"I'm your only cousin" I giggle, my famous giggle.
I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed some sodas from the pantry.
"Mt. Dew?" I ask.
"Yeh" he confirms.
I walk back over and hand him the soda.
He smiles his thanks to me and pops open his Mt. Dew.
"So wha-" he starts.
A flash of yellow light flashes before us, blinding me.
When the spots disappeared from my eyes I look back at the table.
Two boxes, one had a pink ribbon on it and a small note that read 'Shelby'. The other had a dark blue ribbon and the note read 'Ross'.
I looked at Ross and turned back to the box, what if it's a bomb, a million things that could go wrong flashed in my mind.
I walked over and opened the box with the pink bow. A note sat next to a white crown I looked closer and saw a faint heart etched on it.
I grabbed the note and read what it said.
"Dear Shelby Grace, You have been chosen to be the Seven of Love. It is a great honor to have this title, use your power wisely. Follow the pink line to my hut so you can train with the other 7, good luck.
Sincerely, RedVacktor, Seven of Lightning"
I looked at Ross and set the crown on my head.
A flash of pink light, appears around me, filling the room with pink light, several pink hearts begin to swirl around me, I start to float towards the ceiling.
I start to panic, what if it never lets me go.
The light slowly dims, until it finally goes off and my feet lightly slip onto the ground.
"What the heck was that!?" Ross yelled.
"I have no idea" I reply.
Ross opens his and reads his letter aloud, "Dear Ross, You have been chosen to be the Seven of water. It is a great honor to have this title, use your power wisely. Follow the ocean blue line to my hut so you can train with the other 7, good luck. Sincerely, RedVacktor, Seven of Lightning"
He looks into the box again and reached into it.
He pulled his hand out and a red bow tie was in his hand, if you looked close a squiggly line was sewed into the fabric.
He shrugged and put it on.
He to begins float and the room filled with an ocean blue colored light, 4 squiggly lines feign to swirl around Ross.
It goes on for a minute till the light begins to dim and Ross began to float back down to the ground.
"I think we have to run away now" Ross says, I noticed a hint of panic in his voice.
"Yeah, let's go pack" I sigh, I was kind of sad we had to leave.
But it was against the law to become one of the Seven, the king decreed it when some of the previous seven got turned evil by the Evil, a secret organization that wanted to rule the world.