Chapter 3 - The Laser Fair

Val's P.O.V.

It was now friday which meant that today is the laser fair. I was in the classroom with Finch and checked on my laser before the competition.

"That's such a cool laser Val!" He said.

In that moment Parker came inside. He noticed the laser and came up to us.

"Sweet laser" He said.

"Thanks" I said.

"Looks like it's about what, 1200 nanometers?" He said.

"It's 1400 nanometers Pucker. I mean what would I do with 1200 nanometers, toast bagels?" I said and gave Finch a look.

"Good one Val!" Finch said and laughed.

"I won the laser fair last year and I'm going to win again this year" I said and looked at Parker.

"I don't think so, just wait until you see my laser" He said.

"Pffh, I doubt it will win over mine" I said and crossed my arms.

"Challenge accepted!" He suddenly said and put up his hand to the sky.

I looked at him weirdly and in that moment the bell rang. Parker hurried back to his seat as Mr Beelick came inside.

We had our lessons and the day went on. Now it was the last lesson of the day which meant that the laser competition would be held. Weirdly enough I didn't saw Parker anywhere at the competition but I guess he got to scared of his competition aka me. Now the competition had just ended and mr Beelick where about to present the winner which was me, again.

"And the winner of the laser fair, for the second year in a row, is Val!" He said and was about to give me the throphy.

In that moment Parker came rushing inside.

"Not so fast! The laser fair has one more contestant!" He said as he revealed another laser which had been under a blanket.

Everyone gasped and Parker went over to the laser. He fired it and the laser beam cut right through my laser. I widened my eyes.

"Yeah that's right! I made a laser who can cut through another laser who can knock down a building!" Parker said loudly.

"Well since Parker's laser is the only one left standing I have no choice than to declare him as the winner" Mr Beelick said.

Mr Beelick handed Parker the throphy who started to dance.

"In your face! In your face! Parker Rooney owns this place!" He said and looked right over at me.

"You actually just seem like a raggy jerk" I said.

"Yeah we support eachother here Pucker" Finch said.

"Boom!" I shouted.

Everyone started to boo and throw paperballs at him but in that moment Falcon walked inside the classroom.

"Hey!" He called out.

Everyone got quiet and Falcon walked inside with slow and confident steps.

"Something amazing is about to happen" Finch said.

Falcon stood next to Parker and looked at us all.

"How about we lay off Pucker? Sure he's not as cool as the rest of us but why don't you give him a break? Because you might need one too someday" He said.

I thought for a second about everything. Falcon's right, everything just started out in the wrong way. Noone here is actually mean and I guess I judged Parker abit to fast.

"Falcon's right, maybe poor Pucker just needs a chance" I said and looked over at Parker.

Parker turned to me and I gave him a little smile which made him smile back.

"So let's hear it for the laser fair champion!" Falcon said and raised Parkers hand.

I started to clap and cheer along with everyone else and in that moment the bell rang. Me and Finch made our way out along with everyone else but Falcon and Parker stayed inside. Me and Finch got our backpacks and was about to leave the school for the day.

"I have to do something Finch, I'll speak with you later okay?" I said.

"Okay, bye Val" He said and then walked off.

I leaned against my locker and thought for myself. I need to talk with Parker.

A/N

Ohh, why does Val want to talk to Parker? You'll find it out in the next chapter!