Chapter 5 - Meet The Wishart's

Val's P.O.V.

Me and Parker had an amazing afternoon and he's actually a really nice guy. I don't think that I've laughed that much for a long time. When the clock turned 5 pm we said good bye and walked our separate ways. Now I just had arrived at home and were, as always, met by the normal chaos. My 5 year old brother Theodore where running around while being chased by my 7 year old brother Mason, my 10 year old brother Liam were watching TV while also doing his homework & my mom where trying to cook while at the same time having to keep an eye on Theodore and Mason.

"There you are Valerie! You know you have to come home after school and help me look after your brothers or else I can't get everything together" My mom said as she noticed me.

"I know, I'm sorry mom. I was just out with a friend" I said.

"A friend? You mean Finch?" She said.

"No not Finch, it was with a new kid named Parker who started in our school this week" I said.

"Oh, well I'm happy you've made a new friend. Now could you go and keep an eye on Theodore & Mason so that I can focus on the dinner?" She said.

"Of course mom" I said and smiled.

"Thanks sweetie" She said and smiled back.

I went out in the living room were they currently were.

"Who wants to play a game of hide and seek?" I said.

"Me me!" Theodore said.

"I want!" Mason said.

"Okay then I'll count to 30 and you guys hide okay?" I said.

Theodore and Mason nodded and I put my hands over my eyes and started to count loudly.

The evening went on and it was now 9 pm. Theodore and Mason was already fast asleep & Liam had just gone up to bed. Me and mom where sitting in the couch and watched some TV together. We always did that on the evenings when my brother's had gone to bed to spend some alone time together just us girls.

"Valerie, I want to ask you something" My mom said.

"Okay sure what is it?" I said.

"I was wondering if you could babysit your brothers on friday? I'm going out on another date" She said.

"Yeah sure, Of course I can do that. I hope it goes better this time than your last few dates has" I said.

"Me too sweetie" She said.

My mom has somehow ended up unlucky when it comes to dating ever since my dad died 3 years ago in a plane crash. All of her dates now goes badly and the men are not what she thought they were when they chatted on this dating site that she's a member of. Everytime she goes out on a new date, I pray that it will be a sucess because I can see how much she wants to find love again and being a single mother with 4 kids isn't always that easy. Hence why I always has to help out and stuff.

"So how was your afternoon with your new friend?" She asked.

"It was great. We went to eat ice cream and we talked about loads of things. For example his sister is the famous Liv Rooney from Voltage, you know the TV show I really love. And he loves science & are really smart just like me" I said.

"That sounds lovely and yeah you've talked about that show really much, especially when they killed her character off. Maybe you could ask him if you could get to meet her someday?" She said.

"That would be so much fun, I'd love to meet her so maybe I will ask about it." I said and smiled.

The rest of the evening we watched a TV show episode before I went upstairs and got ready for bed. Before I went to sleep, I read abit in my book and then I turned off the lights and fell asleep.

A/N

Now you all know a little bit more about Val's family! Since they didn't said how old her brothers were or there names I just came up with something myself 😊