Chapter 7 - I can teach him

Parker's P.O.V.

It was friday and I was on my way down to the skatepark to skateboard a little. As I arrived there I saw Val surrounded by four 10 year old kids.

"So this is about a girl? Why am I not surprised. As a girl I can let you know that we do not like bullies and jerks. And besides Liam will be able to skateboard before that party! Trust me" She said.

"Oh yeah and who's going to teach him? You?" One of the boys said and laughed.

Val's facial expression was now angry and she turned to look at the boy behind her.

"Board and helmet, now!" She said as she stretched out her hand.

The boy behind her handed her his board and helmet. She quickly took the helmet on and then looked back at the mean kids leader.

"Yeah me" She said as she put her foot on the board and skated down the ramp.

She skated around and did some pretty hard tricks and the three kids stood there with widened eyes. A minute later she came back up to where they stood and stopped infront of them again.

"I think I can qualify as a skateboard teacher, don't you? I mean can you do all those tricks?" She said.

The three guys got nervous and the leader turned to his friends.

"Let's go guys!" He said.

The three of them grabbed their boards and took off in a hurry. As they where gone Val turned around to the boy behind her who was now smiling.

"That was amazing! I've never seen them so scared in my whole life!" He said and smiled widely.

She smiled back and took of the helmet.

"Thanks for standing up for me Val... but do you actually think you can teach me all those stuff in only two weeks? I mean, with our daily schedules of you having to watch Theo and Mason you won't be able to focus on teaching me that often..." The boy then said.

"You're my brother so I had too. You're right in that but if we don't try we'll never know right? I'm going to make sure that you get that girl okay" Val said.

"Right but I'm a Wishart and we never suceeds in love. I mean just look at mom, always unlucky on her dates, and you've never had a boyfriend either..." He said.

"Maybe that's because I haven't met the right guy yet. That does not mean that I'm unlucky in love" She said.

"Don't you remember in 8th grade when you scared that guy you liked away because...." He began.

"Okay okay, I get your point. But it's not too late to change that right? We deserves love too, just as much as everyone else" She said.

"I guess..." He said.

"Great then we'll make some time when I can teach you how to skateboard one way or another" She said.

"Okay..." He said.

I watched Val give the boy the board and helmet back before I walked up to them.

"Hi Val!" I said.

"Oh... Hi Parker" She said as she turned around and saw me.

"I saw how you told those boys off. That was so cool and you where amazing on the board!" I said and smiled.

"Thanks" She said and smiled back.

"Val... do you know him?" The 10 year old boy beside her said and looked at me.

"Uhm yeah, we go to school together..." Val answered.

"I've seen him in the skatepark and he's so good. Even Ethan and his friends thinks he's amazing" He said.

"Okay... well then this is Parker. And Parker, this is my brother Liam. And those two over there are my other brother's Theo and Mason" She said and pointed towards two younger boys who where sitting on the ground behind her and the 10 year old boy.

"Hi nice to meet you" I said and smiled at Liam.

"Hi" He said and smiled back.

"I heard that you where going to teach him how to skateboard" I said to Val.

"Yeah... I want too but I don't know if I'll have that much spots open these next two weeks because I always have to help mom with stuff as she's living alone with us four kids" She said.

"If you want... maybe I can teach Liam?" I said.

"Yes please can he do that Val!" Liam said excitedly.

"I mean sure, that's really nice of you Parker. I appreciate it a lot" She said and smiled.

"It's no problem really. I mean we're friends so" I said and shrugged.

"This is going to be so awesome! Ethan and his friends are going to be so jealous when they find out that you're my teacher!" Liam said and smiled widely.

In that moment the two younger boys stood up and walked to Val.

"Val, we want our ice cream now" The oldest one of them said.

"Okay just one second" Val said.

"Take them to the ice cream shop Val, I'll stay here with Liam and start practicing" I said.

"Thanks Parker" She said and smiled "Let's go boys!" She continued.

The two boys got so excited and they followed Val away from the skateboard ramp. I turned to face Liam.

"Let's practice then" I said.

"Yes!" He said and smiled.

We spent almost one hour at the skateboard park. I where teaching Liam how to stand on the board and go around while Val and her other brothers sat on the side, ate ice cream and watched us. I had a great time and now you might think. Did I offered to teach Liam how to skate to impress Val? Well maybe I did.