Chapter 8 - The Science Project

Val's P.O.V.

Me and my brother's arrived back home and I prepared dinner for us. The rest of the evening went on and now the clock where 10 pm. Theo where sleeping upstairs in his room and me, Liam and Mason had been watching a movie. Mason fell asleep for about 30 minutes ago with his head on my lap so the only ones awake was me and Liam. As the movie ended and the credits started to show the door opened and in came mom.

"Hi mom, how was your date?" I asked.

"Horrible..." She said and sat down in the armchair.

"I'm sorry... maybe you should take a break and just let it happen when it does. I mean, the right man is out there somewhere" I said.

"Yeah maybe your right... so what have you guys done tonight?" She asked.

"Val took us to the skatepark so that I could practise and then she stood up for me to Ethan and his friends and they got so scared. It was awesome! And then her cool friend Parker came and he's going to teach me how to skateboard" Liam said.

"Oh well that's really nice of him and you've got a great sister" Mom said.

Mom then carried Mason upstairs to his bed and Liam went upstairs to play some videogames.

The weekend went and it was now monday again. I walked into the science lab and spotted Parker. I walked over and sat next to him.

"Hi Parker" I said and smiled.

"Oh hi Val" He said and smiled back.

Mr Beelick then entered the classroom and the lesson began. Mr Beelick explained that we'd be starting a new project this week which we had to work in pairs for. He then explained the project and told us to find a partner.

"Do you want to work together?" Parker said and looked over at me.

"Sure why not" I said and nodded.

After school me and Parker decided to go to his house to work on our project. We walked inside and I looked around.

"Nice house" I said.

"Thanks" He said. "Let's get started with the project"

We sat down in the couch and Parker took up his notebook from his backpack. We began to work and did not notice that Parker's older sister Maddie came inside the livingroom.