Part 4

It had been more than a week since he had confronted Khushi about their marriage and about his feelings toward her.

It had been more than a week since he had actually talked to her or heard her voice at all. She talked only when talked to and it was almost torture for Arnav. He had made her like this.

Arnav had just come back from work, and the first thing he did was run upstairs to their room, to see Khushi.

I hope she is upstairs.

Arnav opened the door to his room and he heard the loud wind chimes swaying back and forth behind him.

"Khushi?"

Arnav looked inside the bathroom and then the poolside, he found no trace of Khushi.

A tired Arnav lied down the recliner.

Why am I so desperate to see her? Why do I feel bad for the words I said to her? Where is she dammit??

Arnav closed his eyes in pain. All he wanted was glimpse of her, was that too much to ask?

After what you said to her, yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 hours later

"Thank you devi maiyaa, I don't have to face him anymore. It's been so hard trying not to show him my face, but I have to do it. He doesn't like me and I don't want to trouble him anymore!"

Khushi sat on the bed, quietly adoring her husband who was peacefully sleeping. What she didn't know was that when she walked in Arnav had already woken up.

He had heard her mumbling to her "devi maiyaa" and he could feel her eyes on him.

"He looks so cute when he's sleeping, just like a child. I'm sorry Arnav ji, I'm sorry that I am such a burden on you. I promise you, you won't ever see me buzzing around you anymore. I'm sorry!"

Khushi walked closer to Arnav who was laying down on the recliner.

She carefully moved a piece of hair that was covering his eyes back and then traced his face.

"Arnav ji, I really do love you. Yes, I might be younger than you, maybe even crazy, but I instantly fell in love with you when I saw you for the first time. I'm sorry you were forced into this marriage, but I promise you I will never come in your way!"

Khushi sniffled as tears made their way down her face.

Arnav stiffened when he heard her silent sobs. He turned his body to face her and took a hold of her hand which was on his face.

Khushi gasped when she felt him holding her hand.

Is he awake? Did he hear everything?

Khushi let out a huge sigh when she saw that he was still asleep.

The poor girl was unknown to the fact that Arnav purposely held her hand to calm her down.

"I can't ever talk to you when you're awake laad governor, so thank god you're sleeping. But now I have to go, bye!", Khushi whispering close to his face.

Can I...should I??!?

Khushi hesitated before bending down and softly pecking him on the side of his head.

"Bye."

Arnav felt his heart beat getting faster when he felt her soft lips peck his head. His heart was finally at peace after holding her so close, it had been a week of torture, and finally he was relaxed. He felt Khushi pulling his hand, so he let go.