Part 6

"Hai Devi Maiyaa Arnav ji still hasn't come home! Should I call him? Should I tell Di?"

Khushi paced around in the living room. Her eyes were on the clock that showed it almost 12 p.m. She picked her phone and dialed his number, but then stopped herself from calling him. 

He had told Anjali that he was going to be late, nevertheless, Khushi still stayed up for him to serve him dinner.

Has he taken his medication? 

Khushi frantically paced around and suddenly she heard the front door open. She ran towards the footsteps and inhaled deeply when she saw him. 

"Arnav ji"

She felt like a rock had just been lifted off her chest and the only thing she wanted to do as of now was run into his arms, but she had to give him his space.

"Khushi why are you still awake? Didn't I tell Di that I was going to be late?"

Khushi nodded, "She wanted me to make sure you had your dinner and medication."

Arnav rolled his eyes, "I've had my medicine and my dinner, you don't need to do these things for me. I used to live perfectly fine even before you entered my life!"

She looked up at his rage filled eyes and then nodded.

"Fine, I'm sorry."

If he doesn't want me to take care of him, then I won't force myself on him either.

 She walked towards her bedroom and soon heard his footsteps behind her. Arnav went straight into the bathroom with a new change of clothes, he didn't even bother glancing at his wife of 1 month.

Khushi took her pillow with a blanket and headed towards the recliner. If he was not going to let her fulfill her duties as a wife then she wasn't going to sleep in the same bed as him either. She was going to give him his space.

----------------------------------------------------------

"What does she think of herself? I'm not dependent on anyone. ", Arnav sighed in front of the mirror. 

He stared at his devastated self and scanned his face. He hated what he saw. He saw a weak man who was falling for a younger woman, who was depending on her.  However, as much as he wanted to fall for her completely, the harsh reality was that she deserved better.

He once again sighed at his miserable state and then after 15 minutes headed out to sleep.

When he walked out of the bathroom he saw the bed was empty, and suddenly his eyes caught a figure sleeping on the recliner with her back to him.

What the..? Why is she sleeping there?

"Why are you sleeping there?"

He sat on his side of the bed and waited for a reply, but all he received was silence. He saw her slight movement on the recliner and he knew for sure that she was awake.

"I know you're awa---"

"I'm not going to sleep on the same bed as you."

Arnav frowned at her answer, "Stop with your drama---"

"This is not a drama. If you don't want me to fulfill my duties as a wife, then I can't sleep on the spot that your wife has a right to either", she firmly stated.

"Khushi stop, I'm already having a very bad day", he loudly stated.

However, once again he had to face eerie silence.