Part 5

1 month later-

Khushi ran to the closet to retrieve her husband's handkerchief, watch, and wallet. It was her daily duty to give him these things before he left for work. Khushi had almost taken all of the duties related to Arnav on herself. She wanted to tend to his every need.

It had been a month since their marriage and everyday she made sure to do everything for him. Arnav had told her not to take the trouble because of all the servants, but she still did it. She grabbed his silver watch, the red handkerchief that she had made for him, and his wallet.

She was a little late today which is why she was sprinting to the front door, where Arnav stood with his back to her.

Khushi put her hand on his shoulder, "Here, sorry I was late I was--"

Arnav nodded, "It's fine, I have to go bye."

Khushi watched him walk away.

He didn't kiss me goodbye nor did he hug me, did I do something wrong? Is it because I was late?

Khushi shook her head at the silly thoughts that ran through her mind.

Why would he be upset because I was a little late?

Khushi rushed back inside the house and started helping out with all the chores. She had to clean the house because there was a pooja yesterday, so things were getting hectic.

------Few hours later-----

"Hari Prakash ji aapne mera phone dekha hai?(did you see my phone?)"

Hari Prakash shook his head as a no and continued his work.

Khushi glanced over to the clock, "Hai devi maiyaa! It's 5'o clock! Arnav ji must have been calling me!!", she put a hand on her forehead and tried searching for her phone.

It's probably upstairs.

Khushi rushed upstairs to her bedroom and saw her phone lying on the pool table. She turned it on and saw nothing. No missed calls. No messages. Just a facebook notification.

Arnav ji usually calls me around 3'o clock everyday! What happened today?

Khushi brushed it off again, thinking it was just the workload getting to him.

Then she got an idea, as to how to make him feel better. She wrapped up some lunch for him and headed out to his office.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good afternoon ma'am!"

Khushi smiled at the receptionist and greeted her back. "Is Arnav ji busy? He must be right?"

This is why he didn't have time to call me, laad governor.

Khushi smiled at the thought of her laad governor. When she looked at the receptionist she had a puzzled face, "No ma'am. There were no appointments or meetings today. I think sir was just reading files today."

Khushi frowned. "So he wasn't busy?"

"No ma'am"

"Ok"

So why didn't he call? There must be something wrong.

She walked up towards his office with his lunch in her hands. She pushed open the door of his office, "Hi Arnav----"

"CAN'T YOU KNOCK?"

Khushi stumbled backwards. She hadn't heard him speak like this to her since the first few days of her marriage.