Part 7

Khushi woke up from her deep slumber. She tried stretching out her limbs, but her body was trapped underneath someone else's weight. That's when she realized her husband of one month was cuddling her tightly. His one arm was draped over her waist and the other arm was underneath her body. He had squeezed her tightly against him. 

Khushi wriggled, his hold was really tight. 

"Arnav ji", Khushi whispered. 

How is he going to hear when his head is on my chest?

"Arnav ji", Khushi said louder.

Arnav moved in his sleep, but still didn't reply.

"Arnav!"

Arnav finally let her go and jumped back. 

"What the...?"
Khushi let out a long breath, she sat up on her side of the bed and took a deep breath in. 

"You were hugging me so tight, I couldn't breath."

Arnav looked at Khushi confused and then at their bed. Suddenly, he remembered everything that went down yesterday. The secrets they had shared and the confessions that were made.

"I...um.. sorry."

Khushi looked up at Arnav who seemed distressed.

"It's okay husband."

Arnav gave Khushi a look and turned out to grab a towel from his closet. Then, he abruptly headed towards the bathroom while glaring at Khushi. 

Khushi itched her head.

What's going on in that big brain of his?

A few minutes later Arnav exited the bathroom and started dressing up without saying a word. Khushi looked at him silently and then decided it was better to freshen up and deal with him later.

Once Khushi was done freshening up, she entered the bedroom and saw Arnav tying his shoes while sitting on his recliner.

Khushi silently went in front of the dresser and picked up her jewelry to put on. Then, she gently dried her hair with a towel in front of the mirror. She caught a glimpse of Arnav staring at her from behind in the mirror.

"Haven't seen a beautiful girl before Arnav ji?" Khushi giggled.

Arnav looked like he was a deer caught in the headlights. He cleared his throat and went back to tying his shoes. 

What is wrong with him?

Khushi threw her towel on the bed and sat on the edge of the bed facing him. She stared at him, studying him.

"Why are you staring at me? Haven't seen a handsome guy before?" Arnav smirked while cuffing his sleeves.

Khushi leaned back on her arms and shamelessly said, "no, not as handsome as you."

Arnav stopped in his tracks and looked up at her. He shook his head slightly and got up. He headed towards the door with his briefcase when he felt a soft hand grab his arm from behind. 

"What's going on in that brain of yours Mr.Raizada?"
Arnav looked back at her and stated, "Nothing Ms.Gupta."

Khushi raised an eyebrow before firmly saying, "it's Mrs. Khushi Singh Raizada for you."

Arnav almost smiled. Khushi took her husband into her embrace, "Kya hua babuu?"

Arnav chuckled, "when did we decide on babu?"

Khushi giggled, she pulled back and squeezed his face, "since you started making this baby type of face."

Arnav pouted, "Sorry Khushi, I just feel awkward."

"Why is that?"

"I told you so many things yesterday, things that I've never said out loud, not to myself either."

"Arnav ji.."

Arnav interrupted her, "its babu for you."

Khushi giggled, "babu, I loved you then and I love you now. Nothing is going to change that for me."

Arnav lowered his eyes to the giggling woman in his embrace. 

"Khushi I don't know what to do."

Khushi was once again confused, "what do you mean?"

"I've never done this before Khushi. I've never dated women before. I mean I have, but for other reasons..."

Khushi paused. 

"Khushi, I mean I've never done this relationship kind of thing. I haven't let my walls down for anyone, but my sister. I don't what to do."

Khushi looked up at him, "I'm not an expert either Arnav ji, but I'm doing what my heart feels is right."

Khushi blinked slowly and then took in the sight of her husband so close to him. "Do you want an example?"

Arnav knitted his eyebrows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Khushi leaned towards his cheek and gave him a soft peck against his stubble. As she backed away she shyly looked at him again, "my heart wanted to peck you, so I did."

Arnav smirked and then cleared his throat again. Khushi for some reason made him really thirsty.

"I wonder what else your heart wants to do with me", Arnav whispered.

This was the first time Khushi blushed today, it felt good.

Khushi took Arnav's big hands into her smaller ones and raised them to her cheeks.

"Arnav ji, I don't know when, why, what, or how this happened, but I'm in love with you. I agree I was too young then and I was infatuated by your presence and looks. However, the more I've gotten to know you, the deeper I fell for you. Your loyalty, love, respect, and yes looks have torn me apart. I understand it was awkward for you to accept me, but realize that I will wait for you. I've waited for you for such a long time, so a few more years don't matter to me."

Arnav teared up, "Khushi...I.."

Khushi put a finger to his lips, "I don't want to hear anything. We are not going to rush this. Let life run its course. We will hit the reset button and start from the beginning and if along this way you fall in love with me then it will be like a fairy tale for me. If not, then we won't need to compromise. You go your own way and I will with mine."

Arnav shook his head, "it's impossible not to love you."

Khushi smiled, "I know, but I don't want this forced upon you."

Khushi released herself from his embrace and patted his shoulders.

"Ok sir, you have to go to work and I have a lot of things to do too. So, let's start our life now. Okay?"

Arnav caressed her cheek with one hand, "okay."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LIKE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW FOR MORE AMAZING UPDATES.

ALSO, DONT FORGET TO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, WOULD LOVE THE SUPPORT FROM YOU GUYS TO REACH UP TO 500 FOLLOWERS HOPEFULLY!

Go follow !  @ITSHARPREETKORR_    ON INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/itsharpreetkorr_/