iii. chuck clayton

Hey, it's me again. Are you ready for another one hell of a ride? Well, fasten your seat belts because this may or may not shock you.

They were back at Pop's but now, with Kevin and Cheryl. When Cheryl joined them, she didn't join them by beginning with her sassy comments, she was sympathetic and somehow, angelic. She, too, felt the weight of Betty's loss on her. She felt responsible for it and it broke her. She had to live with it or else she'll be at an insane asylum.

This is a story about a guy in the football team who ruined my life. You humiliated me and you did the same for my best friend.

Veronica somehow knew that the best friend she was referring to was her. She gathered a few of the guys that did her wrong or Betty wrong, but nothing came up yet.

You, Chuck Clayton, made my life a living hell.

She despised hearing that fool's name. He ruined her and her reputation. She stood up causing the others to look at her in a different way. "I'm just going, somewhere." She brought her out her own copy of the file and continued to listen.

I agreed to date you, one night. When you told me you want me to be your girlfriend, I said yes. We were great. At least, I thought we were. Then when you got bored with me, you decided to mess with me. Mess with me like Jason messed with Polly. How could you? How do you even sleep at night?

She dated that piece of crap?, she thought. This was all brand new to her. Now, she inferred how this may caused her to react that way at the poolside that night. She might've had an instinct to just want to hurt him after he hurt her.

Sticky maple, that's what you're good at right?

Veronica gasped and stopped after hearing this. She couldn't believe it that she was a victim of his sticky maple scam.

Just because I wasn't as "entertaining" like those other girls who dated you, you felt the need to ruin me. I said no when you harassed me, but you tried to force yourself onto me. You just had to. I can't imagine how you could do that to more people, you know? But thank God for Reggie and just so you know, that guy helped us find the playbook and expose you for disgusting ways. You deserved to be kicked out from Riverdale. I won't thank you for anything because you never made me feel like I was a dignified person. You treated me and degraded me. You forced me into this and I'll never forgive you for it. You deserved what you got so dont go blaming us about you being a shitty guy!

It ended. Veronica found herself in an unfamiliar region of Riverdale. It was more intriguing than the main town. It was foggy and saw a familiar silhouette, she went towards it and saw Mr. Cooper. "Mr. Cooper! It's nice seeing you're alright," she greeted and gave a warm smile. When he saw her, he looked agitated and looked at her from head to toe. "Why wouldn't I be? " he replied, startled by the teen.

"I...I mean, after B...Betty's death." She felt suspicious because the father of a dead girl doesn't feel the sense of loss for her daughter. "U...uh, yeah. I've been releasing it by you know...n-nature walks around Riverdale." He replied, still acting a little agitated. She nodded and turned around. She had to tell the guys...or the Coopers.

Once she reached the Cooper residence, she felt scared. She was scared of their family being ruined because of her. Hesitated, she turned her back from the door. Coincidentally, Alice opened the door and saw her. "Veronica! Why are you here?"

"Mrs. Cooper, um, I-I'm a little suspicious of Mr. Cooper, he's been a little agitated over the smallest things with us lately." Alice looked at her with her squinted eyes, "He's been seen by Kevin and Jughead screaming at somehow over the phone over documents then, when I saw him a while ago, he seemed troubled when he saw me." She looked down, Alice knew something was up. "Oh, Veronica. I-I don't know about this, any of it. But, we can find out about this. Together. "

" Mrs. Cooper, she's gone. She was hurt and she was sexually harassed. I could've helped her, I could've saved her." She broke down, Alice hugging her. " We all could've been there, Veronica. We all could've saved her."

Veronica headed to Pop's now, wiping her tear-stained face. They were all still there, talking about something. But when they saw her, they stopped. "There's something up with Hal Cooper," she proclaimed, Jughead and Kevin's faces lit up.

But Cheryl had something that was going to ruin the moment. "V, there's something you have to know," she said, alarming Veronica, "they found Chuck, dead. Gunshot at their home."

Is she supposed to feel compassion? Does she need to visit his funeral after harassing her best friend? She felt confused about what she's supposed to do and just remained silent.

Cheryl knew what Betty or even Veronica felt about Chuck's harassments. She was one of them, but she was lucky enough to have Jason to protect her from him while they had themselves to protect their own. She understood the pain Betty was going through and how hard it was to forget about it. When she told her parents about it, they just told her to stop looking like she's asking for it. Because of this, Jason had to step in for her. She wanted to kill herself, too, but she felt afraid. Now, she knew that it's still early to have justice for everything.

" Veronica, can I just apologize for everything that I've done to you and Betty for the three whole years I've been bitchy to all of you," Veronica embraced Cheryl, " he harassed me too, and I just can't believe it. We did nothing about it. Even though we were harassed, we couldn't speak for ourselves."

They had to bring justice for Betty, for all the things she had to go through.

While still at Pop's, they still sat at their booth and now, ready for the next audio.

Hey, it's Betty. You're off to the fourth reason, now. You're almost there. And it's almost time.

a/n:

hey there! im really sorry if some of the reasons are crappy. i mean, i love all of the characters so much I couldn't see anything bad about them. but im excited for some of the future chapters, i mean just like i said last chapter, watch out for clues. if you do, you can share it by commenting down below !!

p.s. i hate chuck so much that i may have accidentally killed him off. im sorry bc im very violent. im really sorry :"-(( but i had to give it a reason why he killed himself: the women that he harassed in the past started to come out and tell the police. being the proud person he is, he just couldn't bear to see his reputation crumble in his hands. he started to feel paranoid and this caused him to kill himself.

so yeah, are you ready for the fourth reason?