✎ archie

dear betty,

i hate how i made that too formal for a letter to a dead person. but, i want you to know that the crew stood up for you today, at your memorial. every student did. but, it took a girl to lay unconscious on the gym floor to stop everything. i saw you in that girl, betty, i did. and as i stared at her longer and didn't do anything, i just wanted to kick myself because i'm letting this happen all over again.

i just wanted to let you know that, i read your email.

i'm scared too, betty. i was too scared to open up about how i felt. and that day after the dance, it still haunts me. i should've known better. i should've opened up because you opened yourself up to me. there's something about you that intimidates me and that same thing scared me from loving you. my heart felt home next to you. your smile can warm the iciest of hearts, you know that. you'd always been there even if i wasnt.

i still see your face from my locker, you know. valerie did a memorial for you at your locker. and it brings constant guilt. i know that smile from those pictures were your masks. but it's saddening how i just realized about them just now.

i still hope to see you after all, its prom. your favorite time of the school year. or maybe was your favorite.

well, i hope you're happy up there.

love,
archie

A/N:
im back and active!! i want you all to watch my failed attempt of making a trailer of the book but wattpad wont let me !! please continue to enjoy this book bc we're almost there guys, we can finally know what happened to betty cooper. 

xx niks