Broken- Larry Stylinson/LiLo

Author's Note:

Gahh I can't even believe I wrote this. It's too damn sad :-/

I post one shots also on my tumblr. (The dirty ones I can't post on here ;) So go check it out.

So basically this whole thing is just really angsty. :-/ Sorry if you don't like that kinda stuff..

ENJOY!

__________________________

Louis smiled weakly at the bright faced boy in front of him. “When did it come to this?”

Shaking his head, he sat down on the couch and put his face into his hands.

Harry stared at him tightly, not wanting the anger to leave him but feeling relieved once it was gone. He took a deep, steadying breath and let it out slowly. “I don’t know.”

A sarcastic chuckled arose from the boy on the couch. “And I kept telling myself it’d all turn out alright. I-” He couldn’t continue his sentence. It hurt him too much.

Harry’s chest tightened at the words he knew Louis was going to speak. He didn’t even have to say them for Harry to practically fall to pieces.

But Louis continued. “I thought you’d love me.” Pain twisted in his throat and the ending of his pathetic sentence was cracked.

Harry winced at the spoken words and wiped his sweaty palms on his pants. He wanted to say so many things. So many things that could have made it all better, as least for a little while, until another falling out. But he couldn’t bring himself to speak. He wanted Louis to know he loved him more than he wanted to breathe the air around him, but deep down, he knew that it was no use.

He knew that their relationship would only bring pain. Never ending pain and heartache. If he stopped it here, at least the pain would be once. Once and he’d eventually move on, but one more day of this selfish cycle and Louis would be trapped forever. He knew.

So he ducked his head down, hiding his tear filled eyes behind the shadows of his curly locks and exhaled. “I’m sorry.”

Louis’s bottom lip trembled unwillingly at his apology and he ducked his own head down to cover it. He bit down hard on the inside of his mouth, willing himself not to cry. So many things he’d thought they could become. And so many times he’d dreamed and fantasized about what they could have. But then, so many times, he had doubted the fact that Harry would love him.

For Louis it was easy; loving Harry. Loving him was something so simple that it was comparable to breathing, it was just natural. But a long list of heartbreaks had him seriously doubting, all the time, that he’d ever love him back. At least in the way he loved him. Still, throughout the period of their short relationship he told himself it didn’t matter. He told himself that as long as Harry cared for him, he wouldn’t hurt him. They’d be happy together. Thinking back on his seemingly naïve and ignorant feelings, Louis felt a disgusted shudder coarse thru him. Not disgust with Harry, disgust with himself.

He stood up from the couch, blindly walking around the coffee table and making his way upstairs.

Harry didn’t turn as he walked past, but kept his eyes glued on the floor, and his expression stoic. Only when he heard a door shut softly upstairs did he allow his emotions to flow. His hand flew to his face and he covered his mouth as he yelled tortuously into it, wanting the pain to be gone. The all consuming guilt. Most of all, he wanted to be with him.

He didn’t bother taking a seat on the couch, he dropped where he was, on the middle of the floor and cried silently into his hands. His body shook with sobs but he didn’t hold them back. For the first time in a long, happy but tense three weeks, he let himself feel something other than hope.