Regrets- Larry Stylinson

Author's Note:

Starts off as slightly funny and cute and becomes incredibly sad and tear invoking.

The it ends kinda funny. LMAO Liam x-D

_____________________

The point of no return for Louis and Harry was when someone handed them two small, white pills and told them to have fun. Nothing in particular was the cause for them to actually take them, but the idiotic fact that they took them against their own moral and intellectual standards would haunt them in the morning. Until then, they did exactly what the strange lady in black had told them.

They had fun.

Too much, perhaps, and as the events of last night vanished into a blur, they both awoke with pounding headaches and strange soreness all over their bodies. The first to open his eyes and come into awareness was Louis, and he took a moment to become acclimated with his surroundings before he roused Harry, who was snoring faced down on his pillow with mysterious red scratches streaked down his back.

Louis rubbed his eyes and blinked furiously, attempting to focus in and find out exactly what he was seeing. He reached over and ran a finger over the streaks and the realization that they were from his own fingers came and hit him like a brick wall. With a groan of frustration he shook Harry’s shoulder roughly.

Harry shot up with a shocked expression and looked around frantically. “What’s wrong?”

Louis sat up completely and looked at him worriedly. “What happened last night?”

It took a few seconds for Harry to recognize Louis’s words as a question and a second longer for him to understand the magnitude of the situation they were both in. “I don’t know.”

They sat in confused silence for a length of minutes only defined by the ticking of the wall clock mounted in the hallway of their flat and their heartbeats pounding nervously in their chests. After such a long time of being close friends, both Harry and Louis knew how to tell what each other was thinking by just a glance at the others facial expression. The familiarity was so that if one was feeling bad, upset or just was bored out of their minds, all they needed to do was give the other a simple look and their misery would be ended shortly. However, sitting on Harry’s bed desperately trying to remember the events of last night was the one moment excluded from their shared understanding of each other. Each boy had no conceivable idea what the other was thinking, and in reality, their thoughts at that moment were total opposites.

Louis was greatly questioning his sexuality, his focus solely on the fact that he’d eventually have to tell his mom; something he knew would be no easy task. Other worries that scattered around his mind were centered around whether or not this should change his and Harry’s friendship, or if a new formality should be added to their relationship. He had no great desire for anything to change, but he had long ago admitted that he felt something greater than brotherly love for his younger companion. Those feelings were cast aside at the time under the assumption that it was all just a phase and that he’d soon be over it and into women as he should be. For a while that was true. Up until that morning, when he sat with Harry as they both pondered their own sexual preferences, he had no doubt that he was straight. He also had a strong belief that Harry was also heterosexual.

Harry’s thoughts were completely elsewhere. He was mainly worried about whether or not he was good enough for Louis. He worried that Louis remembered last night while he did not, and he couldn’t tell if his performance was satisfactory. The compelling urge to please Louis always influenced his actions and feelings, and his thoughts were oddly no different than they were on any other occasion. The only exception being that the other occasions were not of a sexual nature and mostly revolved around entertainment and humor. In the time that they both sat still, Harry’s insecurity grew from pea sized to the size of a grapefruit. He perceived Louis’s silence as quiet disgust and disbelief. He had no idea that Louis was speculating just as he was, so when Louis looked up at him with an emotion hinting towards humor, he was greatly surprised.