The Ball

As we walked (well I stumbled because of the heels Pansy put me in) down the corridors I started to feel butterflies in my stomach. I this didn't pay off we would be in some deep trouble.

We met the boys by the entrance. "Hermione, you look stunning" said Draco.
"I try my best " I replied. We went in and I gaped around me. The teachers had done everything to make the great Hall beautiful.

"Right guys let's go over by the drink area and put our plan into action' Astoria whispered. We walked over to the buffet table and Pansy winked.

"Come on guys let's leave the saddo behind. She is nothing but a waste of space loser" she whispered loudly. I faked a son and caught the attention of my old friends. They had no idea that this was fake except Luna.

Next Blaise went over to me and whispered in my ear " we will get you in thirty minutes" I let out another fake sob and gave him the briefest of nods. "See you mudblood" Draco whispered is my ear, giving me a tiny and un noticeable kiss on the cheek.

They he and the others all walked off, laughing at me. "Hermione are you okay?" It was Ron. He put his arm around my shoulders and propelled me back to his group. The reaction they gave was priceless. They spent ten minutes telling me how my best friends (and boyfriend) were a bunch of no good idiots. I had to agree with them otherwise this would be over so I slowly nodded my head.

"Come on Hermione, let's dance " Ron commanded. Rudely like usual. No wonder I left them. "What about your girlfriend?" I asked. "Who cares" we danced for what seemed like years before I felt Ron pull me closer and start to lean in. I didn't want this to happen. I tried to pull away but his grip was too tight.

"What the hell are you playing at Weasley?" Came a familiar voice behind me. Draco. He pulled me away from Ron's grip and wrapped his arm around me protectively. " Well since you left her, she needed someone​ didn't she" he retorted. He needed to sort out his attitude.

Draco balled his fist and went to punch Ron. I couldn't​ let this happen. As much as I hated him, I didn't want Ron to get hurt. I jumped in front of Draco as he raised his fist and I suffered a punch in the face. The pain was unbelievable. I started to cry as I crumpled onto a heap on the floor. My vision started to go blurry with tears and then everything went black