Threat

That night I didn't sleep a wink. I was to preoccupied in my thoughts to even consider emptying my mind for rest.

Whilst Draco slept soundly beside me, I tossed and turned, thinking about what might happen next.

By the time that Dawn rose, I had huge bags under my eyes and I had just about terrified myself. That morning I moped around the manor aimlessly until Draco pretty much pushed me into my room. "You are no going to sleep Hermione" he said.

"Why, I don't need more sleep" I said, hoping to sound convincing."A house elf told me you were awake all night." I tried to protest but he made me lay down and go to sleep.

Turns out I needed that sleep. It put me at rest and made me feel better about the events that happened the day before.

Luckily, there were no more Soul appearances the rest of the holidays. However, my parents were still not recovered.

We had returned to school and it almost seemed normal. (Well as normal as a magical school could get) until one rainy, Tuesday morning.  Astoria and I had just entered the great Hall after charms when McGonagall commanded everyone into silence.

"I have some very important news to tell you all" She began. "As you all know, there is a new threat to the wizarding world known as the Soul. " This was followed by nodding. "This means that everyone is in possible danger so I will regretfully say that all Hogsmeade trips will be postponed until further notice."

This was followed by angry protests. Some people looked angry, others scared or upset. Astoria was shaking with sobs beside me. I however was in shock. I never knew that this matter was this serious. I never expected this, but then, nor did anybody else.

A.N.
I don't really have anything massive to say about this update apart from the fact that I know this update is not very good and it's rather short. It's a filler chapter. I'm hoping that the next update will be longer. Fingers crossed. Til next chapter.