[ b u s h w h a c k ]

-you were the universe

jaewon had spent an ample amount of time racking her brain about one question;

could jisung possibly like her?

although thinking about it made her knees weak, it was safer for her to shrug it off. it would be okay, she deduced, if jisung looked for a platonic relationship with her. after all, she was the only person who developed a crush due to their interactions.

jisung is a charming boy, both good-looking and kind. she's aware of the number of girls chasing him around. he was kind, sure, but that doesn't mean he was any different from the rest of the people in her school.

she munched quietly on her lunch. the table she sat in was always so lonely, so empty.

"hey," she heard a voice in front of her. she looked up to see jisung, holding his tray with a smile on his face, "is it okay if i sit here?"

she held her breath at his words and it didn't seem like it was only hers, everyone in the cafeteria stopped and stared too.

"what are you doing?" she whispers harshly.

"i'm just going to sit down with my friend, is that wrong?" jisung innocently says a he takes a seat.

"they're going to talk about you." she warned.

jisung just shrugged, "don't worry, they won't, i'm park jisung! and even if they did, i knew i didn't do anything wrong so what's there to regret?"

so she leaves him be. she just hopes he doesn't hear her heart beating out of her chest.

---

a day after their cafeteria encounter, jaewon was happily walking down the halls. what happened yesterday put her in a good mood.

i'll give it time, she thinks. soon, she wants to be the one to approach jisung. as long as he's around, there will be no more tears, no rain!

jisung is no longer a stranger to her. she wants to be with him all the time if she could but it's a shame that their reputations don't match. perhaps jisung will be better with another girl who stands equal to his status.

"they started dating?" she heard someone gossip behind her.

jaewon decides to ignore.

"that girl and park jisung?"

the name suddenly grabs her attention. her heart is going to sink if she listens, she knows. the two people behind her start to talk in detail about jisung's relationship with the said girl.

"yeah, walk slower, bitch." one of the gossip said sarcastically to jaewon.

feeling hurt and offended, she ran away from the scene. jung jaewon, what have you done to yourself?

nobody in those school halls noticed a teary-eyed jaewon hurriedly walking out the school.

they didn't even notice it started raining again.