Ivo

"What happened to your arm?" Ivo's mother asked, running to his side as he sobbed "It's just a scrape hun, you're okay"

Ivo whimpered as she cleaned the scrape, not wanting to mention the fact one of the boys had pushed him off the slide.

"See hun? You're okay"

~ten years later~

Ivo shuddered and retched again, tears falling down his cheeks as the bitter taste of vomit assaulted his mouth. A disgusting mix of last night's dinner and what little he'd eaten for breakfast stared up at him from the toilet bowl.

"Shit" he whimpered between retches, hearing someone walk in. He hadn't bothered to lock the stall, it wasn't really his main priority at the moment.

'Just do your business and leave' he begged them mentally as he dry heaved into the toilet.

"Hey... uh, are you okay? I'd hate to leave you alone when you're throwing up your guts"

Ivo glanced behind him, seeing a tall boy with curly blonde hair and turned away.

"I'm fine, I'm used to it" he mumbled before dry heaving again, "actually... if you could fill up my water bottle...I think I'm done"

He nodded, grabbing the bottle and filling it up, handing it to the boy.

"Thanks" Ivo mumbled, rinsing out his mouth and sitting back, leaning against the stall wall and looking up at the other "you can go now... I'm pretty sure you're missing classes"

"I don't really want to leave you alone while you're sick, do you have a ride home or something?" He asked, sitting beside him.

Ivo shook his head quietly, looking down, "I'll be okay until the end of the day, mom works all day and I wouldn't want to bother her"

~~~

Hugo stared down at the boy, sitting down beside him. Upon closer inspection he could see bruises on the boys pale cheeks and dark circles under his pink eyes.

"To be blunt, you look like crap, if you have no other way of getting home I'll drive you"

The boy stared up at him, adjusting his glasses, "I swear I'll be okay".

"Come on, I'm taking you to the nurses then home, no buts" Hugo said sternly, helping him up.

~~~

Ivo quietly followed the blonde boy, stumbling slightly, the world spinning around him as his nose made contact with the ground.

"Sh-shit" he mumbled, sitting up and covering his nose, which started to bleed. He looked up as the boy walked over, helping him up.

"it's just not your day is it?" he asked softly, "you can hold on to me if you need to"

Ivo nodded and held the sleeve of his sweater tightly in one hand, holding his nose with the other.